colouring a stock & forend

P~MX

I'm goin to start and strip down a Perazzi stock and forend tomorrow so should have it done by tea time (hopefully) I've did a few before but it's been a while so i'm wonderin is there any new wood colourings on the market these days that you guys might know about or have used, I'd like to end up with a nice dark wood coloured oiled stock & forend when I've done .

I'm in the process of doing up an AYA and have used the birchwood casey kit. It contains walnut stain, tru oil and a stock sheen/conditioner. So far I'm impressed with the finish of the wood and would recommend it. Only comment, be careful with the amount of tru oil you put on, it'll form into runs if you apply to much. Good luck.

I've found Perazzi wood is normally not too plain even in the basic MX8 grade. I've never used walnut stain on mine that I've finished from the white, just a few coats of Alkanet oil to enhance the grain then move onto the oil finish itself, which itself has a slight colour and will darken the finish.

I've been using London Gun Co oil from Napier. The Alkanet oil is the remains of a kit from RUAG, can't remember the name though.