Biathlete points gun at face.

Gee.

Looks like he was. Possily not the brightest thing to do but it was never actually pointing at him at any time. Had it discharged it would have missed him. The muzzle last may well have blinded him though.

J.

All he had to do was unload it then it wouldn't have been a problem. It was bloody stupid and to say it may have only blinded him is of little relevance. It's not only his own safety but the fact that he was being watched by god knows how many people and it sets a horrendous example. Let alone like Dekers says, he swung a loaded weapon round and muzzled the spectators.

There's no defence for it.

Edited by Gregthegreat

All he had to do was unload it then it wouldn't have been a problem. It was bloody stupid and to say it may have only blinded him is of little relevance. It's not only his own safety but the fact that he was being watched by god knows how many people and it sets a horrendous example. Let alone like Dekers says, he swung a loaded weapon round and muzzled the spectators.

There's no defence for it.

I agree that he was rather negligent but to suggest unloading to deal with snow in sights during a world class level biathlon event is slightly naive! the time taken to do that could have meant the difference between winning and losing.. don't think it would have been an issue if he hadn't pointed it in the air therefore risking the spectators

I agree that he was rather negligent but to suggest unloading to deal with snow in sights during a world class level biathlon event is slightly naive! the time taken to do that could have meant the difference between winning and losing.. don't think it would have been an issue if he hadn't pointed it in the air therefore risking the spectators

In principle it's far from naive! It's the safe option and the correct one with a firearm. I'd rather have a face than a medal personally.

In principle it's far from naive! It's the safe option and the correct one with a firearm. I'd rather have a face than a medal personally.

And that's why you nor I will ever be biathlon world champion... You can only get that far in most sports by taking calculated (and sometimes not) risks