Pigeon's r flying around the fields but they ain't interested

Chewy25

At this time of the year with them all flocking together we all will be having the same problem. They will not decoy at all they stay together, a stray one or two may decoy but thats it. I have over 1K flocked together flying around one of my permisions and with loads of rape fields all around us its hard to get them to come onto the rape we have set up on even if thats the field they want to hit, one shot then thats it they never came back every day we have set for the last 3 weeks has been the same. Good Luck M8

I am going to try and get a possy together and put them all over the area and areas i can not get covered then i will put the rope bangers out in the hope this will work as fare as i am aware the fields the pigeons are hitting are rape and i have permision on all 3 farms so should get them covered if all turn up FINGERS CROSSED

two guys shot 100+ on sat another 2 lads had 58 and we watched another guy decoying them over a rough ploughed field he shot 8 in as many minutes... couldnt bare to watch any longer lol! there were at least 1000 birds in the area.

all these birds were in 1 big flock and they were all confined to about 1sq mile. and all the guys shoooting at the same time.

we set up just outside the vilage where these birds were say just a mile away and got.............. yes jack s@#t

I think its fair to say u gotta be in the right place.

I'm with you all, it's so slow atm and one bang they are all off.

I shot some new rape/land I've just secured at the wknd, I went twice for about 2/3 each time, I bagged up the other rape fields so as to scare them in my direction (that took me an hour!) and I got one pigeon.

I just posted on another rape subject saying that I honestly could have shot more pigeons if I'd have stayed at home and shot woodies with my air rfile off the bird table! LOL!

Yes, your mans right (its that time of year)was able to shoot some sensible bags in early december,had some 80s and a few 50s and 60s. last few weeks, has been very hard especally last time out, only shot 18 but there was hundreds of pigeons about. also the last few weeks we have not had much wind in my area,which does not help. Hope the hard weather and some snow this weekend will encourage better feeding. last weekend tried with the rotary, without it,30 dead birds for deeks and some bouncers etc.But they would not come to play. we got snow coming for the weekend but again the met weather forcast is saying, not much wind. I had a look at some rape fields today which i have not shot for 3 weeks or more. there was a couple of hundred or so on it,and a hundred in the trees along it,though i dont like looking for numbers on the ground want to see flight lines etc, but got this feeling two or three shots and there be gone. fridays weather looks best,but i am beeting at my local shoot, so saturday i will have a look round with me bino's. If i see any chance i will get me musket out,but those days are over of sitting around all day to shoot ten. so if an hour or so dont provide much i will go back home,maybe go clay shooting on sunday 100 ESP reg. got alot more rape i can shoot but they want leaving for two weeks to regrow the flight lines as i have shot em out over the last month.

Anyway we gotto keep trying, but some windy weekends would deffinatley help matters and they are behaving very skitty now cause they have been shot up. My request is more wind please or just a nice breeze would surley help.

They know how to stay out the way somtimes,thats for sure. Shot the rape i was refering to above, as expected 1st hour 12 pigeons next hour 1 pigeon. was watching the Tv by 11am drinking tea. shall have to do a little bit of looking around again. My gut feeling came true.