Simulated game shoot hertfordshire

I'm not sure if the sale of goods act applies unless he was a trade seller. But if he said they worked and you have this in writing/email, you could take him to small claims court. The eBay ad doesn't explicitly say they work from what I can see.

I can understand how ****** off you must be though - are you able to stand and do your work?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if the sale of goods act applies unless he was a trade seller. But if he said they worked and you have this in writing/email, you could take him to small claims court. The eBay ad doesn't explicitly say they work from what I can see.

I can understand how ****** off you must be though - are you able to stand and do your work?

please check ebay advert and look at definition of USED .Think you will find this states used which on ebay means a item that has been previously used.The item may have some cosmetic wear,but is fully operational and functions as intended Edited by Guest

defo suggest it all works "These are great traps"

These are great traps all run from 240v with a control box that runs 2 traps at a time. The idea is to set all 11 traps all over the shooting field, shot a pair pick up the box, move to the next pair and away you go. There are lots of spares with these so you really can have a full set up for a bargain.

small claims

Edited by overandunder2012

defo suggest it all works "These are great traps"

These are great traps all run from 240v with a control box that runs 2 traps at a time. The idea is to set all 11 traps all over the shooting field, shot a pair pick up the box, move to the next pair and away you go. There are lots of spares with these so you really can have a full set up for a bargain.

small claims

glad im not going mad.Yeah looks like small claims.He offered to come and see if he can get them working !!!! Edited by Guest

We're gonna give you a bit of a jab every now and then, so you need your thick skin on.

It does kind of warrant such a response, given you've got a forum of experts and you didn't consult them.

I would perhaps ask the seller to show you them working, or have got him to to show you before he scarpered.

Sounds silly, but have you checked the battery works?!

battery Billy these are mains powered by the looks of it perfect for use in fields with a 240 supply nearby

Depending on how much current is required, you could use a deep cycle lead acid battery with an inverter - or a small petrol genny.

Edited by aris

I'm at a loss here... How can ALL of them be broken? It's an electric motor, spring and a catch.

tumblr_mhpf8rUECy1qafimoo1_400.gif

well the 5 we have tested burnt there motors out straight away or jammed up then burnt out.seller is saying that he was told they were working when he bought them but never tested them.slightly different to advertising them as working !!!! Edited by Guest

Check the motors - could they maybe be 110 or even 12v?

I connected them exactly as he told me.basically I've been scammed and ill get it sorted and make other plans for traps Edited by Guest

How did he tell you to connect them? Did you use an inverter or take those plugs off and use a 3 pin?

they came with a control box to connect them to.thanks for all the help guys just think its just a tryer on eBay but he won't get away with this !!!

Most electric motors have a little plaque on them saying what they are rated for. Check it. Having motors burn out like that sound like the wrong voltage to me. Either way, you should get your money back.

How many traps do you think you need to do what you want to do?

they came with a control box to connect them to.thanks for all the help guys just think its just a tryer on eBay but he won't get away with this !!!

Control Box? I wonder if this is just a transformer of some sort.

Most electric motors have a little plaque on them saying what they are rated for. Check it. Having motors burn out like that sound like the wrong voltage to me. Either way, you should get your money back.

How many traps do you think you need to do what you want to do?

Control Box? I wonder if this is just a transformer of some sort.

Peter, did the box look like this? Because you need a bit more than 240v. These bad boys run on allspark!

transformers8-hi.jpg

Edited by huffhuff