first gun

Fiddich

the advise I was given (on a similar budget), is that you will get a lot more value in that range if buying a second hand gun.. also do not go with the thinking that you have to spend up to that budget.. get something that fits! even allow some of your budget for adjustments as that's more important than a name.. [the one i bought was a winchester..]

There's a Classic Doubles multi choke sporter advertised on Gun Watch at the moment for I think £375. It'll do everything you want and it'll leave you some money over for any alterations you might need. I don't know the seller, but he's a PW member. Struck me as a good value for money gun.

Well maybe 4 or 5 years time will change it. My friend ended up getting rid of his after 6 months as he just wasnt getting on with it. just dont want to end up in that situation and not get much back for it. Thats why i have been leaning towards getting a good browning as everyone says they hold their money

If I was to go out and buy a new-secondhand gun starting from scratch and knowing what I know now it would be a 28" barrel,3"chamber,steel proof,multichoke sporter made by browning or miroku probly a 525 light hunter or a black gold. The said gun can be used for everything from clays to ducks. Have a browning o/u unknown model maybe a citrio or 425 but its not steel proof and is 2 3/4" chamber and will never sell as it was my first gun. But do whish I got a steel proof,but didnt need it at the time.

Good luck you have loads of shops near you bamfords,bond and bywater,malmos,kelbrook.cheshire gunrooms bolton and manchester.

Well maybe 4 or 5 years time will change it. My friend ended up getting rid of his after 6 months as he just wasnt getting on with it. just dont want to end up in that situation and not get much back for it. Thats why i have been leaning towards getting a good browning as everyone says they hold their money

minor adjustments won't effect resale things like adjustable combs add value but perhaps not as much as having one fitted. Don't buy a gun because you may sell it, but one that fits happy in the knowledge you could! That's why I ended up with a 30" 525 MC

Yeah had a look in bamfords on saturday and akk i found that really fit in my price range was a miroku 7000 sporter but i just didnt like something about it. Cant put my finger on it. Going to try malmo, i believe they have a clay trap set up then you can try them first

I? picked up a miroku Ore (early 800) off gunstar for £200. Took apart., glued the forend and True oiled the wood. Great gun and did the stock slightly left handed bias.

Local gun shop said theyd retail it for £750. loads of bargains out there. Just be on the look out and be quick.

Cheers, certainly wont buy sometging that doesnt fit perfect. Just want to know i can in the future should i want or need to. Yeah keep checking gunstar and gun trader but could really do with trying a couple out to know which model i want. Going to go malmo at the weekend if im not working