SGC/FAC

Maori Haz

morning gents,

sorry i havent been around for a while but i've been so busy with school and all that stuff

anyway, my dad ordered a cabinet for a i think 4/5 guns with a lockable top to it... which is great but i can't find anywhere to put it! ;):good:

i've looked all over my house, and there are some difficulties:

theres no room under the stairs for it..

i can't put it under floorboards because i have laminated floor downstairs.. :lol:

there isn't anywhere really to put it upstairs except for the loft (is that allowed?!)

also if i have a garage which is a part of the house can i put it there, it's just there isnt a door from the inside leading to it ;)

thanks for all information in advance, it will be greatly appreciated.

morning gents,

sorry i havent been around for a while but i've been so busy with school and all that stuff

anyway, my dad ordered a cabinet for a i think 4/5 guns with a lockable top to it... which is great but i can't find anywhere to put it! ;):good:

i can't put it under floorboards because i have laminated floor downstairs.. :lol:

there isn't anywhere really to put it upstairs except for the loft (is that allowed?!)

also if i have a garage which is a part of the house can i put it there, it's just there isnt a door from the inside leading to it ;)

My cabinet is in the loft funny enough. At the last inspection they were happy with the arrangement but did say it is not always ideal due to the extra effort to put the guns away. Some people may be too lazy to get the ladder to gain access.

Not a problem for me as I am a stickler for safety and think it is very safe as the loft does not have fixed ladder and I store the step ladders in the shed at the bottom of the garden so very hard for anyone to get up there on their own.

Jerry

morning gents,

anyway, my dad ordered a cabinet for a i think 4/5 guns with a lockable top to it... which is great but i can't find anywhere to put it! :lol::good:

i can't put it under floorboards because i have laminated floor downstairs.. ;)

also if i have a garage which is a part of the house can i put it there, it's just there isnt a door from the inside leading to it :lol:

Bro in law has his in the loft with no probs....

i have mine in my bedroom bolted to an exterior wall and hold sgc and fac.

i just painted it the same colour as the walls so it blended in.... :)

morning gents,

anyway, my dad ordered a cabinet for a i think 4/5 guns with a lockable top to it... which is great but i can't find anywhere to put it! :lol::lol:

also if i have a garage which is a part of the house can i put it there, it's just there isnt a door from the inside leading to it :)

well i made a right hash of that ;)

i was trying to say that my bro in law has his in the loft with no probs

mine is in my bedroom with no problems and i hold a sgc and a fac...i just painted it to match the walls so it blends in.

quick point tho....

bro in law had to remove lockable top box and get it rewelded to the side because it was too high in the loft

hope this helps :lol:

:good:;) i have just looked up in the loft and there is no wall to put it against..

the loft has a wooden floor and the sides are no option

that's dissapointing but i think i have found another place

can i put it in a utility room if it's not on view? but the utility room has a back door :lol:

Generally....

No where visible from outside

Attached to 'main fabric' of the house

Loft is fine, it can be laid down on it's back, if you can't use the walls?

Also give consideration to how often you will be going in there, if it is real pain to get to it will be even worse at the end of a long days shooting - or in the middle of the night.

stuart i don't think i can just lay it on its back in the loft? i thought it had to be attached/bolted to something?

the cabinet if in the utility room would probably not be seen from the outside but there is a chance :look:

i also forgot to mention that if it was in the utility room it would have to be bolted layed down

stuart i don't think i can just lay it on its back in the loft? i thought it had to be attached/bolted to something?

Bolt it to the floor, my mate had 2 in his loft but had to move then as the weight was making the ceiling bow in the room below :look:

As Graham says, unless you live in one of those houses like the Beatles had that were all joined together you must have a gable end wall?