Another Royal mail consultation?...

Steppenwolf

no, it means that they failed miserabely to ban anything gun related being sent (including air rifles) so they have revised what they originally submitted, and are re-submitting it to cover section 1 and 2 weapons and certain section 1 parts.

taken from the website:

Royal Mail has announced that it will launch a one-month public consultation at the end of January on its proposals for the carriage of Section 1 and 2 firearms (including relevant shotguns and rifles) and some Section 1 components (for example, barrels, chambers, cylinders, breeches, blocks and bolts).

these parts have to be transported via inter RFD anyway, so shouldnt affect joe public too much... hopefully...

personally think if special delivery which is handled differently to regular post then it shouldnt be a problem, they would make more money and put that towards the juge cost they have for subsidising carriage for the likes of amazon etc !

Edited by maxus77

no, it means that they failed miserabely to ban anything gun related being sent (including air rifles) so they have revised what they originally submitted, and are re-submitting it to cover section 1 and 2 weapons and certain section 1 parts.

taken from the website:

Royal Mail has announced that it will launch a one-month public consultation at the end of January on its proposals for the carriage of Section 1 and 2 firearms (including relevant shotguns and rifles) and some Section 1 components (for example, barrels, chambers, cylinders, breeches, blocks and bolts).

these parts have to be transported via inter RFD anyway, so shouldnt affect joe public too much... hopefully...

They don't always. They only need to be if they are the subject of an actual firearms transaction - where the gun is going to another certificate or from a dealers register to a certificate. Even then, it only applies to some transactions; you can quite legally post a section 1 or 2 firearm to a dealer who is buying it from you, for instance.

Also, how will Royal Mail determine which section applies to a firearm if they find one? An exempt antiqe is sec.58, not 1 or 2 or even 5. You could quite legaly post a fully operational antique machinegun to anyone you liked but Royal Mail wouldn't know it was not subject to control.

A miniature rifle club (or an RFD, for that matter) could post a miniature rife to another miniature rifle club as it falls under section 11, not section 1. How would Royal Mail know?

J.

personally think if special delivery which is handled differently to regular post then it shouldnt be a problem, they would make more money and put that towards the juge cost they have for subsidising carriage for the likes of amazon etc !

Their objection was always that they couldn't met the 'stringent' security requirements needed of them which was a BS argument from the outset because it is in fact no more than their common law duty to keep safe custody of every package they have in their possession. They don't need to be able to identify each firearm every second they have it. They just need to arrange safe custody of the parcel and notify the cops as soon as a theft of loss of a firearm becomes apparent to them.

They have been handling firearms under the exemption in the Act for carriers since 1968 - why is there suddely a problem? Answer; there isn't a problem other than some leftists within Royal Mail don't want to handle firearms on a point of principle.

J.

Utterly amazing that, in these straightened financial times, Royal Mail should be trying so hard to put itself out of business!

If they didn't have the virtual monopoly that they do then they would have been out of business decades ago. They are just another government department (in all but name) which doesn't give a toss how much money it wastes or how it operates. Policy and being PC is far more important.

J.

J.

you can quite legally post a section 1 or 2 firearm to a dealer who is buying it from you, for instance.

ooooh, i didnt know that. my FEO told me that all transactions for shotguns and firearms had to be made face to face. especially seeing as everyone, even a dealer, has to fill in your firearms or shotgun cert when a transaction takes place.

must remeber to question her when i next see her. :good:

Edited by brett1985

ooooh, i didnt know that. my FEO told me that all transactions for shotguns and firearms had to be made face to face. especially seeing as everyone, even a dealer, has to fill in your firearms or shotgun cert when a transaction takes place.

must remeber to question her when i next see her. :good:

The problem is that people think that 'transaction' means any form of parting with possession in any capacity. It actually only refers to situations where the gun is being recorded on a different piece of paper, essentially. For instance, if you give a gun to an RFD to repair he must put it on his register but it isn't a 'transaction' in the legal sense as it is still recorded on your FAC/SGC and will be coming back to you at some point.

J.

it gets treated no different we find loads as work that is still in the supposedly empty mail bags!

as for the rest of the mail companies tnt post, citipost, uk mail etc all they are a transport companies that use the royal mail infrastructure.

try to get them to deliver the consumables on time then tell me royal mail are useless.

no I dont work for royal mail

it gets treated no different we find loads as work that is still in the supposedly empty mail bags!

as for the rest of the mail companies tnt post, citipost, uk mail etc all they are a transport companies that use the royal mail infrastructure.

try to get them to deliver the consumables on time then tell me royal mail are useless.

no I dont work for royal mail

Internally its handed differently by royal mail less people have access etc to the special delivery items within sorting hubs and depots so more secure but not theft proof just like any logistics handler.

Royal Mail-always good for a laugh-bout 15 years ago I bought a Brno.22 from a gunshop down south and when RM delivered it they left it outside leaning against the front door (the guy that delivered it had signed the book for me!!).And on it goes,I take some fairly potent medication that is delivered,speciel delivery,signed for only and it would'nt be the first time it had been left outside my door during the day-once in the pouring rain.When I complained we had so much post go "missing" that I wished I had'nt bothered.