Saw an accident, neither car stopped

English archer

This morning I was in Mansfield, on a 40 mph dual carriageway.

I was in a centre filter lane waiting to turn right, a car at the junction I was turning into was waiting to pull out of the side road, and turn right onto the dual carriageway.

The waiting car started creaping out into oncoming traffic, despite this oncoming traffic, he kept moving forwards.

This caused the cars in the left lane of the dual carriageway to stop, but a car in the right hand lane kept accelerating.

The car creaping forwards, and the car in the fit hand lane then collided, the front offside corner of the creaper hitting the nearside of the other car.

I heared the bang of the collision, and saw some plastic trim fly from between the cars, there was a lot of paint transfer on the car pulling out.

The strange thing was, neither car stopped, the car on the dual carriageway kept going, and the creaper finished his move and drove off in the opposite direction.

I just sat there for a few minutes trying to figure out what had happened.

I thought maybe a crash for cash job, but they would have needed to stop for that to work, maybe nether of them care about the several thousands of pounds worth of car they were both driving, and were lucky to meet each other.

Anyone have any ideas?

B.T.W. this happened at the side of Tescos on Chesterfield Road for anyone that knows the area.

Also do not forget the no claim bonus unless there is a lot of damage or there n/c is not protected it may well work out cheaper to fix it yourself it is a dilemma that worries me as my car is worth say £1500 it would not take a lot of damage for the insurance people to want to rite it off I would rather get it fixed myself than risk loosing a perfectly good car for the sake of a few bumps and scratches.

We were travelling back from a job in the van and my mate moved out to avoid a cone in the road. Some woman on the other side crossed a double white into our side and both mirrors got completely smashed.

Being in a liveried van we pulled over, only to see her disappear into the distance. Mate still ended up getting investigated by our transport manager because we didn't get her details.

Also do not forget the no claim bonus unless there is a lot of damage or there n/c is not protected it may well work out cheaper to fix it yourself it is a dilemma that worries me as my car is worth say £1500 it would not take a lot of damage for the insurance people to want to rite it off I would rather get it fixed myself than risk loosing a perfectly good car for the sake of a few bumps and scratches.

If they write it off you can collect the amount they say it's worth less "scrap value" if you want to keep the car and repair yourself. You then have to take it to a vehicle centre before you can tax it again, pay £50 I think it was, to get a certificate to say it is the original car as per registration docs.

If they write it off you can collect the amount they say it's worth less "scrap value" if you want to keep the car and repair yourself. You then have to take it to a vehicle centre before you can tax it again, pay £50 I think it was, to get a certificate to say it is the original car as per registration docs.

The problem with that is it will always have that it has been a rite off on the log book and I would assume that you would have to tell your new insurer every time it seems made to me that for a few scratches they can do that please correct me if I am wrong but this is what I have been told.

The problem with that is it will always have that it has been a rite off on the log book and I would assume that you would have to tell your new insurer every time it seems made to me that for a few scratches they can do that please correct me if I am wrong but this is what I have been told.

Yes that is right about it being noted as having been written off at some point. Probably only going to happen with cars that are not worth more than £1k - £2k so not really of any great concern as far as re-sale is concerned (that was my view anyway).

I imagine any new insurer would know from their "systems", certainly not aware of any requirement to tell them but as long as the car is roadworthy there is no issue, mine has been re-insured with no concerns raised.