catapults/slingshots

tubbiescooter

I've used these for years and recently purchased another on which is an amazing piece of kit here's a quick review

Just recently got a hammer hunter elite from Sheffield catapult company and have to admit I'm seriously impressed the quality of workmanship that's gone into them is amazing value for money the laminating is flawless must easily have a good 72 hours solid work put into it to get this level of finish over the chrono its averages 305ft per second with 10mm steel balls using the Theraband gold supplied, easily more than enough for hunting game also I really like the canted handle on it takes a bit of getting used flicking your wrist with the cant but once you do its very accurate and the large handle gives you a firm secure feel of quality in your hand, overall its not often I recommend things but this I do, I've bought catapults that have cost a lot more than one of these in the past and they've been disappointing as for the money I always expect a high quality finish on a hand made item this doesn't disappoint at all for anyone thinking of getting a catapult and wants a high quality all rounder then the hammer hunter is the one for you.

im gonna make some vids of this in action soon to show how good it is for the days when its too wet to get your guns out and ruin them

They are surprisingly easy to use once you get your eye in and the beauty of this one over my Barnetts and milbros etc it's its hand made to order I was thinking about the cost and for the materials and labour that goes in to making a catty of this quality I wouldn't do it myself as the bloke must be storming for about £1:50 a hour also what stands out is how it feels in your hand it feels how you would want a to end catty to feel

As for hunting yes it's fine same rules as shooting though so must be humane kill I.e head shot and you have to be competent at hurting with it also land owners permission but once you take your first grey squirrel or bunny with one its a proper reward for all your practice and developed skill

• 2 weeks later...

They are surprisingly easy to use once you get your eye in and the beauty of this one over my Barnetts and milbros etc it's its hand made to order I was thinking about the cost and for the materials and labour that goes in to making a catty of this quality I wouldn't do it myself as the bloke must be storming for about £1:50 a hour also what stands out is how it feels in your hand it feels how you would want a to end catty to feel

As for hunting yes it's fine same rules as shooting though so must be humane kill I.e head shot and you have to be competent at hurting with it also land owners permission but once you take your first grey squirrel or bunny with one its a proper reward for all your practice and developed skill

Got any links mate ? So we can see photos and the link. I like a Good Catapult

• 3 weeks later...

Looks nicer than the black widow (which I've had since I was 9, now 30) or the bright green Diablo I have. Never thought about hunting with one. The black widow my dad bought me as a father son bounding thing. me and my dad will fire it with my son when he's old enough great times. Strange the things we hold on to.

They look quite nice. I would have thought something like the black widow that has the forearm rest would be easier to use though? They aren't too cheap either.

Does stones count as suitable ammo? :lol:

They did when I was a lad lol, we had a disused railway track that's where we went to get the iron ore shaped like marbles excellent ammo

Edited by the crowman