My evenings shooting

dazzyboi

Took the lanbo out again as it was nice, was primaraly after a few pigeons, but minimal were about, so decided to go and venture on some un-walked teratory on my farmers land, found a nice bit of wood he owned.

Bout 5 pigeons took flight during my entrance but too many trees couldnt get a decent shot before they were out of sight.

Out the corner of my eye i seen a black thing run away, looked like a black cat i thought, then i walked about further and seen another 2, dunno what the hell they were, black wild rabbits?? do they exist?? i walked on, out infront of me, 30 yards was a rabbit, starting at me in the face, i gave it a little spook to send it bolting and boom, down goes the one and only kill of the night.

The woods were full of rabbits!!! quite open space too, i had another 2 bolt across my frontal view, took a shot at one but just went behind him which was abit un-fortunate. next time i think ill take my time in the woods.

I got out the woods and ahead of me there was about a flock of 5-10 pigeons heading towards the woods, i got down but they were abit too far out, at a guess id say around 50-60 yards, 20 yards closer i would have been in for a good chance of 2 at the best. In addition to this were plenty of crows, so i have found a good roosting spot for next time.

Heading back to the car i spotted yet another bunny sitting there, managed to kreep upto about 25 yards only for me to step on a twig and send it bolting, managed to get off a shot but as it was dark and i could only see the outline of him, i missed :good:

!!!Pictures in SPorting pictures!!!!

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=23843

There are quite a few black wild rabbits around most areas, thats probably what you saw.

You were very right not to shoot, if you didn't see them clearly enough to identify them. :)

If they had been someones cats and ........., you would probably lost your shooting, at least..

Ill look up on the black wild rabbits, i wouldnt have shot them even if they were legal quarry to shoot because they are rare, iv never seen one before in my life.

Hi,

on the black rabbit front, many years ago the previous owner of my parents house daughters black rabbit escaped! She is now in her late 40's you get the odd throwback now & again. I saw a black one 3 days ago, missed the ****** 3times! .22 is now zeroed in & it shouldn't happen again as I had 3/4 thursday.

They do just as much damage as the brown ones & taste just the same

:rolleyes:

PS I'm not on line much so don't be surprised if a feply is required it takes an age.

Hi,

on the black rabbit front, many years ago the previous owner of my parents house daughters black rabbit escaped! She is now in her late 40's you get the odd throwback now & again. I saw a black one 3 days ago, missed the ****** 3times! .22 is now zeroed in & it shouldn't happen again as I had 3/4 thursday.

They do just as much damage as the brown ones & taste just the same

:rolleyes:

PS I'm not on line much so don't be surprised if a feply is required it takes an age.

Even still i will make the choice to not shoot them, seems that if its taken me this long to see one then i shouldnt shoot it