S410 or an FX2000

evo1

After some advise please chaps,

I have not shot air rifles for 16 years my last being a Falcon fn19 which I loved

I'm looking at 2 rifles a .22 s410 thumbhole and a .22 fx 2000, both are around the £300 mark with silencers on them,

does anybody have any good reasons to buy one or the other, how many shots per fill etc

It will be purley used for rabbits, tree rats and pigeon on our shoot

many thanks

I don't know anything about the fx2000 but you can't go wrong with the AA s410. It sounds a good price for a t/h. Spares readily available, dead easy to service if you need to. If its a carbine, about 40 odd shots in the sweet spot (180-100) If its the classic, obviously more. Very good rifle and will do all you want it to.

Have been and picked up the s410 thumbhole, 1 mag, Hawke scope 3-9 x 50 and mounts and a sling , 500 aa diablo field all for £415 more than happy

great decision buddy, you wont go wrong with the s410 :good:

Edited by evo

Upload soime pics of your new baby then :lol: The s410 will need an adapter for a 1/2unf silencer like the weihrauch. Theres plenty available on that well known auction site. The best silencer available imho is the one for the weihrauch HW100. They crop up second hand occasionally, but easy enough to get hold of new. The adapter works fine, but its not the perfect solution. I stripped the internals from my AA moderator, and with a bit of fettling, put the guts from an HW in it. Whisper quiet :good:

The s410 will need an adapter for a 1/2unf silencer like the weihrauch. Theres plenty available on that well known auction site. The best silencer available imho is the one for the weihrauch HW100. The adapter works fine, but its not the perfect solution.

I am in this boat with my 510. It has a AirArms silencer at the moment but, I have a Weirauch silencer which is quieter with me just holding it over the end of the barrel.

What were the downsides to the adapter?

I am in this boat with my 510. It has a AirArms silencer at the moment but, I have a Weirauch silencer which is quieter with me just holding it over the end of the barrel.

What were the downsides to the adapter

If you've got the later 510 with the shrouded barrel, it either has a male or female thread on the end, can't remember which,. Weihrauch do mods with both threads. The downside to the adapter is it is held in place with a grub screw so its not hugely tight, cosmetically its not as nice a fit as the AA mod, and adds a bit more length.They are ok, and its a quick easy fix, its just I'm very picky :lol:

Edited by turbo33

If you've got the later 510 with the shrouded barrel, it either has a male or female thread on the end, can't remember which,. Weihrauch do mods with both threads. The downside to the adapter is it is held in place with a grub screw so its not hugely tight, cosmetically its not as nice a fit as the AA mod, and adds a bit more length.They are ok, and its a quick easy fix, its just I'm very picky :lol:

Interesting, didn't think Weirauch did a male threaded silencer. The 510 is female threaded and as such requires a nipple between gun and silencer. I have to say that I have tried an AirArms silencer on the 510, and compared it to the Weirauch just held against the end of the barrel, there is no competition, the Weirauch is considerably quieter!

I don't think the Logun mod does go straight on as the AA has its own unique machined muzzle end. Have a look at this page from BAR. The Weihrauch HW FSB has a male thread, and I assume its 1/2 unf, but do check if you want to go down this route as I can't be sure. Theres also a pic of the AA with the adapter on to take a 1/2unf internally threaded mod. You will see what I mean about the cosmetics. The adapters also vary greatly in quality. I have bought some from fleebay which have been good. Also bought a couple from an online shop that does good budget scopes and they both went in the bin!! I guess you get what you pay for!!

http://www.airgunbuy...ers Accessories

Edited by turbo33

Huggett silencer from Milbro in Mildenhall. http://www.milbro.co.uk/ben-taylor-rifles Just superb. Very, very quiet, & very pretty. It goes perfectly with the AA carbines. I have one on my S510 and love it. Buy the version made for Air Arms and it simply screws in, no adaptors or fuss. And if you want to be really (but inconspicuously) flash you can even get it in Realtree camo. Silly price for that, though.

Edited by splitcane