Another one to the call

Dougy

With a decent gap in the weather and off night's til Wednesday i managed to get out on a newish permision again and see if there were any Fox's still around.

First look round with the new cluson led pistol lamp (very impressed) showed nothing so a slow quiet drive up the track another 1/2 mile, a call for 5 minutes and a look with the lamp showed a pair of eyes in the grass around a small flight pond, not moving around much, the occasional loss of eye shine as its head moved up and down. It was time to use the gun mounted lamp another clulite, no filter on this time as it didnt seem too bothered. It wasnt coming in for the call, just sitting now bobbing its head a little, i estimated to be over 200yds, if it wasnt going to come closer it was now or loose it. A squeeze on the trigger and the 53grn v-max was on the way,and the thud returned only fractions of a second later to say, job done :good:

Checked the distance at 238 yds so an impressive shot, i was happy with that :) Farmer happy, and my visits productive which is why i am shooting there :good:

post-2987-0-38698700-1361782231_thumb.jpg

Tikka M55 (rebarrel by Dave,Valkyrie rifles)

22.250 53grn v-max, 36grn varget ,br primer

Z4i 3-12x50 ill