Fourtrak or Trooper?

thepasty

Check for Oil in radiator/water reservoir heads can be problem sometimes !! :good:

Take one for a good run to make sure it`s not over heating.

Check for oil leaks Engine gearbox and diff`s.

Check 2 WD --4WD --4WD low. transmission lock. Diff lock. Is all working.

Check all Electric`s (ie) windows. cruise control. diff lock. central locking.

Check the chassis just in front of the back wheels has it bends up and at the back end.

Check the front wheel bearings and steering for play. And the back door hinges for play.

The bottom hinge dose wear badly. Should be oiled regally but they never are.

All in all they are excellent a lot better than some other 4x4`s out there.

Hope this helps and gives you an idea of what to look for. :good:

HAPPY :shoot:

You're right, I've done a little looking around and others of similar age are going for 1-1.3k, but none of these had a full service history, this is the first to find of this age that does....

Theres also the living in cornwall factor which drives up the drive of vehicles (I'm still yet to figure out why), I could go up the line and get one but it would cost £100 in fuel to do so and when I've done this in the past 5-10 cars arent what they're been advertised as so what you save on the car purchase price can easily be eaten up by wasted fuel and time... if I was saving a grand or so it would make more sense going up the line but for a couple hundred quid it isnt worth it.

Thanks for the pointers, I'll print them and take with me :good: , this is a 2.8 so fingers crossed should be a goodun.

The one that activeii is selling is n reg for a grand and he is in Gloucester.

But like you say its about 150 miles from you and if you make a 3 hour trip to find it`s a dog.

There`s nothing worse than traveling miles to find it`s been a waste of time and money.

Saying that when you read what activeiii has spent on that one well over a grand.

If you don`t get sorted it might be worth the trip to Gloucester.

He say`s that he was going to post some photos when he has washed it.

It is the fieldmaster limited edition model. 2" body lift plus lots more kit.

Good luck

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

well... the shogun was a no no as the guy was an independent dealer and altho the truck had FSH it had a few rust holes in places where they shouldnt be and it was over priced based its internal and external condition.

I got home and did a search to see if anything had been put up and stumbled across a truck locally....

ended up buying it... Toyota Surf 3.0L manual £1200. :/

surf.jpg