thinking of getting a new rifle

laf

Hi, You should get quite a bit of feedback on this :angry: . Most people would agree that SMK are not very good and are just cheap rubbish...but in the right hands they may be useful. Your really better off paying a little more and getting a basic spring rifle from a more reliable company such as BSA, Air arms, Weihrauch etc...the build quality will be better and you know your equipment wont let you down then. Also can I ask, what is your budget? because that will impact what is available to you...

I looked on a few web pages about the Crosman Nightstalker and although it looks a good little plinking gun, all the sources suggest that its too low power for proper quarry hunting.

Hope its useful for you,

-Andrew

my advice would be a crosman ratcatcher, they are cheap and accurate with some practice, some may say they are **** but without using one how are you to know :lol: they are good for rats and the close rabbit, woodie or feral. :angry:

Get one secondhand if you can check this site and the BBs

Please fill in your profile

How much are CROSMAN paying you to say that?! :lol: :yp: :good::D

As a newbie, i started with a budget air gun, the SMK B2 Custom, and although everyone seriously thinks these guns are rubbish, with my Richter scope on it, im impressed at how accurate and deadly it is at around 50 yards, and to be honest, id probably be closer to the quarry than that when shooting anyway, so, although they aint the best weapon in the world, by all accounts, the B2 is a fantastic gun, and for around £100, the Xs range are a fantastic gun too, and get great reviews, i have to add, i played with a ratcatcher, and hated it, was small, almost toy-like and just didnt feel like a gun at all, and i seriously cant see how it could be of any use to anyone hunting, the b2 custom by far came out better than it.

My advice would be aim for a BSA, probably the best on the market, but for what youre looking to spend, go for the XS and make sure it has a silencer fitted, and spend the extra on accessories, decent scopes are everything, my richters have a laser fitted and are absolutley amazing, 50 yards i can hit the dot bang in the middle of the target with standard bulldog pellets. Good luck, would love to hear anyone elses experiences with SMK weapons.

As a newbie, i started with a budget air gun, the SMK B2 Custom, and although everyone seriously thinks these guns are rubbish, with my Richter scope on it, im impressed at how accurate and deadly it is at around 50 yards, and to be honest, id probably be closer to the quarry than that when shooting anyway, so, although they aint the best weapon in the world, by all accounts, the B2 is a fantastic gun, and for around £100, the Xs range are a fantastic gun too, and get great reviews, i have to add, i played with a ratcatcher, and hated it, was small, almost toy-like and just didnt feel like a gun at all, and i seriously cant see how it could be of any use to anyone hunting, the b2 custom by far came out better than it.

My advice would be aim for a BSA, probably the best on the market, but for what youre looking to spend, go for the XS and make sure it has a silencer fitted, and spend the extra on accessories, decent scopes are everything, my richters have a laser fitted and are absolutley amazing, 50 yards i can hit the dot bang in the middle of the target with standard bulldog pellets. Good luck, would love to hear anyone elses experiences with SMK weapons.

:good::D someone talking up a B2, :lol: :yp: thats a first, check out my signature for my opinion on a B2 :angry:

i have played around with a rattie and i got to say i didnt like it at all it feels like what i used to play with when i was younger i have one rifle but its my old one i have had for years 1my dad got me when we used to go shooting its not much cop its powerful but thats about it the add ons i can get at a later date as i will not be doing much shooting now till spring time when i get my tent back out

also would love to know the best place to get them online and off line in the leeds area

Just to add, i picked up my 2nd air rifle today, a Cometa 300, unbelievably accurate and powerful, and yep, i hold my hands up, it does kinda make the B2 feel like a spud gun.

Weighing in at around £110, th eunsilenced version weighs around 7lbs and packs a fair punch, very nice to fire, i can imagine that hunting pellets could make a mess of quarry with this gun, so i wouldnt use anything pointed, only downside is the gun and mechanism is quite heavy, breaking the barrel is quite tough, though im told this will get easier with time.

All in all. 8 out of 10, after firing my smk and cometa, i can see ghow much more of an impact the cometa will make, i think its just around the legal limit too, about 12lbs, very nice, has anyone else had one, please tell what ya think fellas ?.

i looked at the cheap end BSA`s and the Cometa packed more power than them, hence why i got it, i think you need to be looking at maybe a lightning if you want a reasonable BSA at a low price, and i agree with the Rattie, too small, hated it, itd probably blow away in the wind.

sorry the rattie dont do it 4 me what about bsa comet??

any good?

sorry didnt refresh the page doh so whats the best place to get them from will be an online sale i think so i get more 4 my money since the wife is buy it 4 me lol the lighting look a nice rifle its top of my list so far cheers mate

would be scared that i would break the rattie if i had one lol