38 special/357 Magnum

It's actually the other way round. The .38 Special cartridge actually uses a .357/8 bullet.

J.

Correct,but when ordering heads for either .38 S&W,.38 Special or .357 Magnum,I only ever asked for .38 calibre,preceeded by the weight and design.Have even used 9mm heads for my .38 calibre handguns in the past,which as you'll know are in fact .355.

Correct,but when ordering heads bullets for either .38 S&W,.38 Special or .357 Magnum,I only ever asked for .38 calibre,preceeded by the weight and design.Have even used 9mm heads bullets for my .38 calibre handguns in the past,which as you'll know are in fact .355.

Corrected for you.

J.

Corrected for you.

J.

Pleased for you Jonathan.Good man.That must have been grating away at you! :yes: You can call them whatever you like,and being as pedantic as you are,you will call them by their correct terminology,but my RFD understood what I meant(and obviously you did too!) when I ordered 'heads' in either .38 calibre or 9mm,and if I'd asked for .357 bullets or .355 bullets,he would have said,'Do you mean 38's ?' or 'do you mean 9mm?'No doubt you would consider him not to be a proper gunsmith,but then we're not all perfect unfortunately.

If I cared,I would endeavour to live up to your high expectations of forum members;but I don't,so I wont,and you wouldn't like it if we did,as you'd then have no-one to play with.

Yes.

357fox002.jpg

Nice one Underdog :good: Hope to nail my first fox with my marlin 1894c soon, what loads you using?

Pleased for you Jonathan.Good man.That must have been grating away at you! :yes: You can call them whatever you like,and being as pedantic as you are,you will call them by their correct terminology,but my RFD understood what I meant(and obviously you did too!) when I ordered 'heads' in either .38 calibre or 9mm,and if I'd asked for .357 bullets or .355 bullets,he would have said,'Do you mean 38's ?' or 'do you mean 9mm?'No doubt you would consider him not to be a proper gunsmith,but then we're not all perfect unfortunately.

If I cared,I would endeavour to live up to your high expectations of forum members;but I don't,so I wont,and you wouldn't like it if we did,as you'd then have no-one to play with.

HA HA!

Moorman, I used PPU 158 TC jacketed on the fox, shot another one and it does ok.

I am a reloader at heart and have got a few hundred 180grn full patch ammo and am using some old H4227 I had in years ago for Hornet. It is a little slow for 357 but i have a good load developed and it seems to be equaling the 158 PPU factory ammo in performance so I think it is sneaking on abit.

These nuggets seem to do the busness well I have not loaded any of the expanding stuff yet.

The same 180 grainers seem to show promise as a short range rabbits head hunter on a little over 4 1/2grn of green dot at sub sonic level. If I go close to super sonic it shoots to low and a sight adjustment is required, I want to keep the bullet in the barrel just a little more to gain some muzzle lift and avoid sight adjustment. Well thats the plan,if I can achieve it! They sound like a 2" .410.

U.