Pan feeders

• 2 weeks later...

Pans are good also help save a bit on wheat, there's also cages to keep deer off spirals and spikes that hang out the bottom of the spiral to keep badgers off, game and country enterprises sell both and in my opinion one is much the same as the other

Trust me they work just try a few I have been using feeders with 12mm holes drilled in the bottom for years and can't see the point of buying some other contraption when simply drilling a hole does the same job give it a try if you are not convinced after trying it just block up the small holes and stick some other expensive contraption in but when you have 3 or 4 hundred feeders to do it is so easy and cheap and it works.

We started off with slots and holes cut into the bottom of our feeders,then went to springs,and now due to pigeons,crows and deer harassig feeders all the time are considering going back to slots and holes.All ours are fenced off anyhow due to livestock,but nothing really stops a determined badger.

Trust me they work just try a few I have been using feeders with 12mm holes drilled in the bottom for years and can't see the point of buying some other contraption when simply drilling a hole does the same job give it a try if you are not convinced after trying it just block up the small holes and stick some other expensive contraption in but when you have 3 or 4 hundred feeders to do it is so easy and cheap and it works.

Where do you put the holes is it on the underside flat bottom where the spring would be or around the base

Edited by castletyne