tarted up 2.5 turbo desiel

ditchman

finally got around to hand painting the old pigeonwagon....enjine on 120k now sweet as a nut....need to put new injectors in at 6 quid each....

Edited by ditchman

Bought a td5 defender about 6 months ago -I know, it's not a new truck for most others, but for me it is an extremely modern car... Intention was to replace my old 200tdi defender pick up, but 6 months later I still drive the 200tdi... and still love it. It's the most simple engine to drive and work on -though it never needed much work to keep it going... My girlfriend adopted the td5 110 and found it a lot more drivable than here old 110 V8... So nothings lost there.

Decided two weeks ago not to sell the 200tdi; it's just extremely usable for the things I use it for!

if i had the money i would slap a 200 in the 90 straighta way......i love them i bought several of them for the company when i worked overseas....they had some stick and never a days trouble..just change the oil regulary...no probs

youve been in it when it was covered in cr*p and all you did was moan........and you shot a shed load of pigeons that day......no pleasing some people

oooohh very shiny........needs some mud on it simon!!!!

time we got out again.....pw member mrkirby is up for it as well...he,s out shooting today.........

i think, if you remember correctly, i had a bleedin grin from ear to ear mate!!!!

closest thing to an intercooler that enjine has seen is a hose pipe....it would have a heartattack if you showed it one........

Looks nice and clean. Looks easy enough to pipe an intercooler in too :D

the early TD's did have a prob with the pistons...mine has got teflon coated ones in now...the other problem was the diaphram in the injector pump used to melt and then fuel would go straight into the turbo and the enjine would overun...i took the pump off and calibrated it a couple of years ago and slapped a new diaphram in it one that wouldnt melt with these new fuels..bio stuff and additives........these enjines have always been heavy breathers, and used a bit of oil, bought a litre every 2000 miles, they take a bit of time to warm up...but im in no rush anymore...and once warmed up the pistons fit the bores and the emissions are really low..no smoke ..clean as awhistle...they are the desiel equivelent to a steam enjine....a little bit of maintenance every now and then and they dont fail.......fingers crossed............

still if i had the money i would love to chuck in a 200 tdi......its on my wish list

How easy is it to swap engines ? I have a 2.25 petrol in mine 89000 mile from new but it's just so slow ! And thirsty ?!?

mate of mine down the road has just put in a 200tdi into a seris landrover...the 200 is not turbo-ed anymore as it would put too much torque into the 4 speed box...he says it has worked out fine,,,,,,,,,,

How easy is it to swap engines ? I have a 2.25 petrol in mine 89000 mile from new but it's just so slow ! And thirsty ?!?

Looking good Simon ! Does need a bit of mud on it though :-)

i will take a pic of it when its got some mud on it, then everyone will be happy..........how did you get on yesterday.....

Looking good Simon ! Does need a bit of mud on it though :-)

yeah lot better now after 2 weeks in hostpital.....sawed and chopped a ton of firewood today, feeling stiff an soar, but that will wear off, just desperate for the weather to change so we can get out for an all dayer without dying of cold.........