wildcat Growler .17hmr moderator

Matt Gould

I have seen and heard very little about this one, so I'm interested in comments as well.

The HMR and WMR are very difficult to moderate for and there simply aren't any that are much good, whatever you spend.

Lord knows how good this is but at £165 (are there any more expensive rimfire mods?) you would hope as good as any, but that doesn't hold true for their Whisper which is expensive with poor moderation.

Trouble is you need metered results as well, it seems amazing how different peoples ears are!

Hi the Growler has not been made for three or four years, the Whisper is the new version. The Growler was made for .22 and 17hmr it can be taken apart very easy for cleaning and they are quite small and light, but I don't think they are worth £165 compared to other mods out there now but its not likely anyone has new ones for sale. I found them good on a .22 but because of the size of the exit hole not so good on 17hmr Woodydog.

If you're looking at spending that sort of money, at £120 the DM80 is a good mod for the .17hmr. Comes apart easily and a quick rinse and dry and its ready to go again. That said, I have shot my .17hmr with a SAK and DM80 on and I cannot hear any difference at all. The reason I prefer the DM80 is its got a matte finish (less glare) and its a reflex style mod (less barrel length on my Sako Quad).

Hi the Growler has not been made for three or four years, the Whisper is the new version. The Growler was made for .22 and 17hmr it can be taken apart very easy for cleaning and they are quite small and light, but I don't think they are worth £165 compared to other mods out there now but its not likely anyone has new ones for sale. I found them good on a .22 but because of the size of the exit hole not so good on 17hmr Woodydog.

Thats interesting, someone needs to keep their website up to date then because it still clearly lists on UK Custom Shops site with a price as of this morning.

Your right they do need to remove it as they are not made anymore Atb Woodydog.

:no::no::no:

How often do we see this "sort" of thing on websites, I can understand a bit of a delay in some small operations but websites are a valuable tool these days, there can be no excuse for showing a product for sale that was discontinued 3-4 YEARS ago, that says all the wrong things to me about a company!!

That's what History/Archives/Previous products/etc are for! :yes::good:

Edited by Dekers

How often do we see this "sort" of thing on websites, I can understand a bit of a delay in some small operations but websites are a valuable tool these days, there can be no excuse for showing a product for sale that was discontinued 3-4 YEARS ago, that says all the wrong things to me about a company!!

That's what History/Archives/Previous products/etc are for! :yes::good: Told you you have a problem with this company and anyone who takes your advice about their product is just listening to a sick person with a grudge. The original owner has been dead for a year now and his wife and son now run it so why don't you just leave them alone.

That's what History/Archives/Previous products/etc are for! :yes::good: Told you you have a problem with this company and anyone who takes your advice about their product is just listening to a sick person with a grudge. The original owner has been dead for a year now and his wife and son now run it so why don't you just leave them alone.

Best you try and read my posts and open your mind! Seems I have hit a nerve with you, what is your connection with UK Custom Shop? You seem to know a lot about them!

I have bought 3 x P8 and accessories from them, ammo, a rifle, clothes, etc, hell, I even have one of their Baseball caps!.

What is your issue, what exact problem/grudge do you suggest I have with them other than the fact the Whisper is dogs doings! My response above was general and factual.

Take a pill and chill out!

Best you try and read my posts and open your mind! Seems I have hit a nerve with you, what is your connection with UK Custom Shop? You seem to know a lot about them!

I have bought 3 x P8 and accessories from them, ammo, a rifle, clothes, etc, hell, I even have one of their Baseball caps!.

What is your issue, what exact problem/grudge do you suggest I have with them other than the fact the Whisper is dogs doings! My response above was general and factual.

Take a pill and chill out! First there is nothing wrong with my mind or my reading, you have three p8s because they are the best for the money and work very well I also have them. I cant believe your attitude towards Uk custom shop is just about a rimfire mod I would expect this from my 7 year old grandson not a fac holder. Also I am the most laid back person you could meet so don't need pills. Anyway a man once told me when you try to reason with an idiot you just come down to their level so as far as I am concerned I will say no more. Atb Woodydog.