Farm/ Estate maps

Vermin Dropper

Hi all,

I'm after help again< :*)

Can anyone give advice on how to obtain farm maps, either on the net or otherwise,

Having taken everyones advice, I was driving round (dressed smartly, with my folder containing my Licences and References,) looking for likely woodie hangouts, then I realised I didnt know who owned each field. I reslised this after seeing a flock of around 80 happily munching away, then knocking on two doors to houses which were nothing to do with the farm in question, got a couple of promising leads in the end though, but anyway...

Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated. :beer:

Cheers, Leigh.

http://www.multimap.com Should give you an ariel photo of the area you are looking at.

http://www.defra.gov.uk would definitely have the maps you want, but I doubt they are allowed to let you see them.

If the property has changed hands in recent years http://www.landregistry.gov.uk might give you the name of the owner of a certain location (at a price per enquiry). I don't think they are allowed to give you a map, but I may be wrong.

Leigh, I don,t mean to be sarcastic, but why not try calling at the farms.

They are usually quite easy to spot, the parked tractors and barns are a dead giveaway. :lol:

The Farmer will know who owns the field you are interested in, if its not one of his.

This is the best way of making contact.

Always ask if its convenient, before taking up their time and offer to come back another time if he is busy.

They appreciate politeness and consideration.

Don,t forget they have to sum you up, in only a few minutes and its easier to say "No", than "Yes".

The Ordnance Survey maps are a great idea, not just for locating farms, but for "your" Farmer to mark out his fields on.

Good Luck. :beer:

PS. The best reference you can have, is one given by another Farmer. :lol:

VD

You can indeed seek advice or help from the land registery and they will provide maps etc but for a price!

Most of the farms I shoot over tend to have fields scattered everywhere, the result of sale in full or lots!! some rent fields from other farmers etc, so make sure they have the shooting rights. It doesn't necessarily follow that if you own land you own the rights to shoot over it.

That said, you are going about it the right way so good luck and if you ever get too much to handle :beer::lol: I'm your man :lol::lol: