Looking for permission Worcester/Warwickshire border

Hi

Looking for a shoot or would be willing to help anyone with existing permission as and when required.

I have no trade to offer however I work with led lighting and have some interesting solar powered solutions which might be beneficial to farmers.

(there has to be an application for solar powered floodlights on a PIR sensor)

I have read numerous comments about people ABUSING MEMBERS TRUST AND GOODWILL, I can assure you I am an honest and upfront shooter looking to improve on my field craft and hits to miss ratio and would not return to anyone's permission without their consent.

I am Insured and have my own equipment, willing to contribute towards any costs.

Any help and tips would be gratefully received.

cheers

Steve

shots this year: 8

Pigeons: 1

Crows: 0

Rabbits: 0 :(

Edited by steveyg

Booked half a days holiday to do some leg work and hopefully find my first permission.

Spoke to three farmers ,all of which had their land covered by shooters already :(

Whats the best way to start the conversation??

I took the crop protection route,offering a free service..is this the best way to start some dialogue?

any tips would be gratefully received

cheers

steve

nice sales pitch steve but its hard as hell as you no to find a willing farmer the best advice i could give is get some pest control cards printed up 5 quid get a folder with your permission slips all ready filled out so all he will need to do is sign them and stick address down.

then take a week off work and nail every farm in a 30 mile of your house catching them in fields is the best way i found then your not bothering them at home when there tired or you could try and get friends with people on here buy them there cartridges for a day out free that would work im sure few beers afterwards get a 4x4 and offer to drive there's lots of ways to get mates with people on here but you have to TALK TO PEOPLE that's the key mate

hope you find sum thing

swiss

Edited by swiss.tony

Morning All

anyone need some help tomorrow?

Will cover your diesel costs and throw in some cartridges. Any bag size would be great

I have all the gear...but no idea..... :/ Any offers would be gratefully received

thanks for looking,hope the weather is good for everyone

regards

Steve

Edited by steveyg

Evening All

another 30 mile covered yesterday looking for a permission,no luck :no:

Decided to come home and try ringing people...After 20 calls had a semi postive reponse,letter sent with all my details...fingers crossed :good:

I have had a couple of great responses from PW shooters offering me a days shoot...thank you,really appreciated and I look forward to meeting you very soon.

A big thank you to everyone on the site,there is so much info, great tips and everyone is really helpfull.

cheers lads :) ...

Afternoon All

got my PB Yesterday.... OK IT WAS ONLY 7 PIGEONS,we all have to start somewhere :)

Was shooting over rape however not that many birds around,had 33 shots however around 10 of these were very speculative as I hadn't shot for a good while.

Great day though and can't wait until my next day out.

If anyone in the Worcester/Warwickshire area needs a hand give us shout,happy to cover the cost of your cartridges

Cheers

Steve