.22 Hornet test results

Hello again .

it is this bullet from Henry Kranks

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=164_165_515_518&products_id=3169

and i will mesure it for You probably tonight.

Hi,

Hang slack! That is neither the Semi Point nor the Spitzer but the Hornet. I got the wrong end of the stick because you called them SP. Consequently, please don't take time to do as I asked - thank you very much, by the way - as that is not the particular bullet I was interested in. Also, please ignore my earlier comments as they related to the 45gn SP and with the vastly reduced length (your link shows the 40gn but you specify 45 so that's the one I'm talking about now) of the Hornet compared to the SP (spitzer) there is no problem with either compressed loads or stabilization. You can see where I was coming from as the 45gn Hornet is 0.537 as opposed to the Spitzer being 0.630"; quite a difference!

Cheers

Edit: grammar.

Edited by wymberley

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Hang slack! That is neither the Semi Point or the Spitzer but the Hornet. I got the wrong end of the stick because you called them SP. Consequently, please don't take time to do as I asked - thank you very much, by the way - as that is not the particular bullet I was interested in. Also, please ignore my earlier comments as they related to the 45gn SP and with the vastly reduced length (your link shows the 40gn but you specify 45 so that's the one I'm talking about now) of the Hornet compared to the SP (spitzer) there is no problem with either compressed loads or stabilization. You can see where I was coming from as the 45gn Hornet is 0.537 as opposed to the Spitzer being 0.630"; quite a difference!

Cheers

Sorry for all mix up.

this is the bullet i do use

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=164_165_515_518&products_id=3170

and i was under impression it is SP = Soft Point

it is .224

:blush:

Sorry for all mix up.

this is the bullet i do use

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=164_165_515_518&products_id=3170

and i was under impression it is SP = Soft Point

it is .224

:blush:

Hi,

No problem; all's well that ends well!

Yep, it is a soft point by design but not a Soft Point by name. Underdog is spot on with his remark.

Now you've discovered what the little Hornet can do, the fun starts. Should, but only if, you decide that you may need a bit more poke which Lil'Gun can offer, the Speer 45gn SP (Spitzer Tip) #1023 and the Hornady 45gn Hornet #2230 in particular and especially for fox are well worth a fiddle.

Cheers

Hi,

No problem; all's well that ends well!

Yep, it is a soft point by design but not a Soft Point by name. Underdog is spot on with his remark.

Now you've discovered what the little Hornet can do, the fun starts. Should, but only if, you decide that you may need a bit more poke which Lil'Gun can offer, the Speer 45gn SP (Spitzer Tip) #1023 and the Hornady 45gn Hornet #2230 in particular and especially for fox are well worth a fiddle.

Che

i will defo give this bulet try.

thank you for tip.