2 ply stealth net

just got my net as above, not sure if I have bought a **** one, or if that's just how they all are, but it's pretty see through from the outside, now obviously I will be dressed in Camo and keeping still, and the picture is taken very close, but is more see through then expecting? Opinions

.IMAG0487.jpg

Looks about right to me.

I often use mine in conjunction with a clearview net and find this two net combination handles pretty much any situation throughout the year. In general the 2 ply net on it's own is adequate, like you said just try to keep still as the birds approach and you'll be fine.

Cos

Looks about right to me.

I often use mine in conjunction with a clearview net and find this two net combination handles pretty much any situation throughout the year. In general the 2 ply net on it's own is adequate, like you said just try to keep still as the birds approach and you'll be fine.

Cos

Are you sure, cos? That looks like a copy to me. The greens and blacks don't seem dark enough.

I got the 3 ply one form A1, it is still quite see thru . It is useful to have the stealth net underneath my doubled military camo net, but have it a little higher as it is good to watch approaching birds thru the stealth. But id does defeat the object of having a nice light net to carry with the rest of the gear.

I did an experiment and just used the Stealth net, as some crows approached i kept below the height of the net but moved my gun barrels, the crows flared off every time i did this, so they can pick up movement thru it.

But if its all you have just sit still until the last moment.

I have the same nets, I just double them up although still see through if you keep still and don't move to the last minute then you will be fine. Crows, rooks and the like have eye sight second to none, just a slight movement of the barrel and there off.

Let them get right up close then pop up and nail them, they will turn and run but that's the sport and they can't out fly your shot. I have learnt to shot them this way and it really adds to the excitement. I don't think any one just wont them to come up and drop dead at your feet, where would be the fun it that lol

I was given a 5 metre piece and use it as a stand alone hide, however I have a piece of army net to go over the two sides and the front.

Using 5 poles the front of the hide ends up like the bow of a boat giving me more room for the gun with out making it like a circus tent.

I would not use it with out the second layer…

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab130/TheEssexHunter/essex%20pigeons/Woodhampigeons_zps8c24258e.jpg

What I saved in weight I just replaced in extra decoys lol

TEH

Here's how it looks with a person inside, in cammo, This was took close again, about 7yards or so

IMAG0493-1.jpg

Like said above, keep still and should be ok, crows might need more work, my buddy has some army style net that we could experiment with

Edited by craig hill

Are you sure, cos? That looks like a copy to me. The greens and blacks don't seem dark enough.

I stand corrected it does look much thinner and see through than mine. Especially in that second photo, you wouldn't be that visible through a genuine Stealth net with such a good back drop.