Armed police patrolling the streets

Matty7247

I know this is from the 'Mail' But, is this a sign of the times? It seems more and more gangs are arming themselves? So, what do people think, im glad to a point that they are showing a sign of force, but knowing the ROE's of the forces, i dont hold much hope for them.

Link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324949/Armed-officers-patrol-streets-LUTON-stop-dangerous-shoot-outs-feuding-gangs.html

It was mentioned on Radio 4 at the start of the 'Today' programme this morning about this estate in Luton.

I know this is from the 'Mail' But, is this a sign of the times? It seems more and more gangs are arming themselves? So, what do people think, im glad to a point that they are showing a sign of force, but knowing the ROE's of the forces, i dont hold much hope for them.

Link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324949/Armed-officers-patrol-streets-LUTON-stop-dangerous-shoot-outs-feuding-gangs.html

It's a necessary response to a serious problem they have in the area, if the media are to be believed most of the local residents are in favour.

The expanding gang culture needs to be stopped point blank.

:yes: No argument, but this is a PR exercise, the gangs have no bottle and are not going to challenge a superior force , whilst the police are one of of an estate the lookouts will direct the gangs to the other end.

Good to see all the measures taken so far have reduced the number of firearms available to gangs...... :no:

:yes: As I have said MANY a time, stop nit picking and tightening controls on legitimately held Firearms and users, and spend some time tackling illegal gun use!

:yes: No argument, but this is a PR exercise, the gangs have no bottle and are not going to challenge a superior force , whilst the police are one of of an estate the lookouts will direct the gangs to the other end.

:yes: As I have said MANY a time, stop nit picking and tightening controls on legitimately held Firearms and users, and spend some time tackling illegal gun use!

Can't argue with any of that :) but I guess if it is making the community feel safer then it's worth it.

Hopefully with Section 60 invoked then some useful arrests can be made but I doubt even gang members are stupid enough to carry round weapons with all that going on.

Edited by Livefast123

Spot on.. :good: