Fac ammo

Yes you can send it back or you can rule out a piece of paper and stick to your ticket under the ammo part or just keep a record of it on a piece of paper .

Harnser .

As an RFD, I wouldn't be happy entering details of ammo purchases on a piece of paper that someone has attached to his FAC. You are required to examine the record of transactions and satisfy your self that what the holder is acquiring won't put him in breach of the terms of the cert. Unless everything is written on the actual certificate you are not able to satisfy your self of that you don't know how many other bts of paper he's been through as he could just detach pieces of paper.

Also, you have to write it on the physical certificate its self as a matter of law.

J.

As an RFD, I wouldn't be happy entering details of ammo purchases on a piece of paper that someone has attached to his FAC. You are required to examine the record of transactions and satisfy your self that what the holder is acquiring won't put him in breach of the terms of the cert. Unless everything is written on the actual certificate you are not able to satisfy your self of that you don't know how many other bts of paper he's been through as he could just detach pieces of paper.

Also, you have to write it on the physical certificate its self as a matter of law.

J.

Wonder why they don't give you a full blank sheet to fill in when you buy ammo

J.

As an ex RFD the above applies , A bit of paper attached is a no no

Wonder why they don't give you a full blank sheet to fill in when you buy ammo

The form of the certificate really needs to be changed, to be honest. The spaces are too small to contain meaningful information and are difficult to fill in, especially in a busy retail environment.

On a wider note, there really isn't any point in recording ammunition acquisitions and maximum holding and acquisition restrictions are a total and utter waste of time. There are zero public safety issues at stake and it is so easy to circumvent the restrictions so why bother? If I had 20M rounds of .308 ammo in my cellar then why does that have any bearing on public safety? It doesn't because even if I decided to go on the rampage I'd never get through more than a handful of them anyway!

There is no actul requirement in law for acquisition and possession limits, it's just that the form of the certificate requires it. The Home Office are currently redesigning the application forms, I would hope that they are also looking at the actual certificate forms them selves and potentially getting rid of anything that serves no purpose.

J.

I would quite like to see the license move to a digital format such as a driving license style card with a Chip and Pin system built in which would allow you to have it updated so much quicker in shops, renewals and variations would be so much quicker and you could even view all your records online like online banking where you could make applications for variations and track any changes which are pending. But I never know who to make this suggestion to.

I believe that four Forces are about to pilot an online system for applications/variations and renewals. The ideas is that it will then be rolled out nationwide. Agree with Jonathan, the whole thing is currently a mess! Great if they'd modernise the actual certificate!

Andy

I believe that four Forces are about to pilot an online system for applications/variations and renewals. The ideas is that it will then be rolled out nationwide. Agree with Jonathan, the whole thing is currently a mess! Great if they'd modernise the actual certificate!

Andy

How practical is a "paper" certificate to country people...mmmm...incase they hadn't realised it has a tendency to rain A LOT here, Paper + Rain = Mush, Mush + RFD = No. Hopefully a few modernisations are due.