Anyone here using a Sightron SIII?

308win

Here is the deal, ive got a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 on my .204 at the moment, im putting that on my .308.

There are various scopes im looking at.... but im pretty taken with the Sightron SIII with the 8-32x56 MOA2 Ret

Its to be used for some long range arget, Varminting and lamping.

Has anyone got one?

Im looking for some personal experience

I have a Sightron SIII in 8-32x56 on my 6BR. I'm very pleased with it and think it was good value. It has good clear glass and positive clicks and tracks and returns to zero well. My scope has the fine plain cross hairs and 1/8th clicks so feels quite fine. Although I have a 20moa rail it has plenty of adjustment to go from 100 to 1000yds with the 6BR.

I bought my scope direct from the US and have had it for maybe two years now. Total cost was around £700 including Vat and duty.

It was very easy to deal with these guys and the parcel is tracked every inch of the way.

http://www.theriflescopestore.com/sisisisesc8m4.html

Here's a couple of snaps taken through the scope with my phone camera - not much of a test I know but might give you food for thought..

This is at about 10x, the target is 110yds

th_20120811_131349.jpg

This is about 20x

th_20120811_131654.jpg

Thanks for the reply!

The new NXS Series are getting quite expensive, Im very tempted to go for the Sightron with a MOA Ret as i will also be using for lamping and think that the Target Dot will be too fine for night time work.

For phone pics, it dose look good. Hopefully there might be someone in Somerset that has a similar and would let me have a butchers!

Edited by 308win

Hi 308win,

i have got the 8x32x56 LRMD which i use mainly for sitting up and under the lamp, also tried on abit of long range target shooting, absolutely awesome scope for the money.

I had a S&B 8X56 on before that and havn't look back so that itself speaks for itself, (my opinion) even in low light there's nothing in it.

Give John at Aimfieldsports a call cracking chap to deal with or maybe Fister off the forum will give you a bit of feedback as he knows his stuff and i think he tested a Sightron or two.

ATB Smokey

Id really like a look through one first, looks like the nearest stockist to me is Dauntsey Guns :|

Unless there is someone here in the Somerset area... :rolleyes:

I have the 6-24 x 50 here on Dartmoor, you're welcome to come and have a look if it's not too far for you.