powder weight ???? 243 reload

hi all very new to reloading not yet had a go just sorting out what im doing.. i am loading 243 70g blitzking with vihtavuori question is on the vhit data is says starting powder load of 41.9 to a max of 45.5 so would you say a safe bet of a in between weight of 43.7 would be best to start of with..

many thanks andy

I'd go midway but that is me and see how it goes, the thing that helps is a chrono to see what you are getting. I've found depending on where you get the data some of the start loads and max are very low, certainly Hogdon varies from my speer manual massively. In my rifle it takes 43 grains of varget to get about 3500fps out of a 58 vmax which is seriously lower than suggested but the barrel is relatively short. No pressure signs and its a cracking load for foxing.

hi all very new to reloading not yet had a go just sorting out what im doing.. i am loading 243 70g blitzking with vihtavuori question is on the vhit data is says starting powder load of 41.9 to a max of 45.5 so would you say a safe bet of a in between weight of 43.7 would be best to start of with..

many thanks andy

Hi Andy,

Glad to see that you've joined us re-loaders! Best advice I can give you is irrespective of which reloading manual you use FOLLOW IT TO THE LETTER !!! They're written by experts who have put together tens of thousands of rounds during R+D. Changing a primer from one brand to another can change pressures quite significantly for example. Also powders can/do vary from batch to batch, components/complete rounds are also temp sensitive. A round showing no pressure signs at 8am could be generating DANGEROUS pressures at 12 noon on a summers day! Take your time, be attentive at all times and don't be tempted to take shortcuts!! And NEVER EVER use a round/recipe that was developed by a mate 'cos it works great in my rifle'. All thebest Remmyman.