Spring watch

brooksieledgend

Anyone seen this stupid women on spring watch saying that rats gets a bad press and there welcome In Her garden eating out of bird feeders and stump holes be funny if next year got an infestation and rings up a pest controller near by to come and get rid of them mind you this old bird probably disease ridden aswell

i saw this and couldnt believe it, im all up for the thought that everything has a place in nature (well except mossys i hate those little *********** but purposfully breading/encouriging rats and foxes? ????? really? ???? ???? ??? i bet her neighbour with chickens loves her haha

Just because you do not like something dose not mean that you have to kill it I say live and let live if rats are doing nothing to upset me I leave them be on the other hand if they was causing me problems I would be the first one out shooting them unfortunately we are not allowed to apply this rule to cats. :whistling:

Leaving them alone is one thing but actively encouraging them is very different. Rats can do damage, they steal eggs, and they spread disease. Not the kind of thing people should be feeding. They get enough food from people unintentionally feeding them as they scavenge near bins and the like.

Leaving them alone is one thing but actively encouraging them is very different. Rats can do damage, they steal eggs, and they spread disease. Not the kind of thing people should be feeding. They get enough food from people unintentionally feeding them as they scavenge near bins and the like.

I did not think that she was feeding them just feeding the birds and they turned up some time ago I used to put food out for the birds but when I sow one evening two rats eating the spilled food on the ground I stopped feeding the birds as I thought if other people was to see them they would phone the council and they would be putting poison down to kill them and they was not doing me any harm.

Just because you do not like something dose not mean that you have to kill it I say live and let live if rats are doing nothing to upset me I leave them be on the other hand if they was causing me problems I would be the first one out shooting them unfortunately we are not allowed to apply this rule to cats. :whistling:

Rats carry a variety of diseases and should be controlled at all times,just the first one on the list Weil's disease is horrible,and is what Andy Holmes the Olympic rower died of.If you step on your lawn in the morning bare footed,and have a cut on your foot,hope that a rat hasn't just had a pee on that spot.

Rats are one of the few animals on this planet that have no plus points for Humans only minus points.

t.gif RATS

litter_150.jpgrat_150.jpg

Although we are not currently at risk from a repeat of the black death, rats do carry risks of other diseases. These include:

• Weil’s disease
  • Salmonella
  • Tuberculosis
  • Cryptosporidiosis
  • E.Coli
  • Foot and mouth disease

Rats carry a variety of diseases and should be controlled at all times,just the first one on the list Weil's disease is horrible,and is what Andy Holmes the Olympic rower died of.If you step on your lawn in the morning bare footed,and have a cut on your foot,hope that a rat hasn't just had a pee on that spot.

Rats are one of the few animals on this planet that have no plus points for Humans only minus points.

t.gif RATS

Although we are not currently at risk from a repeat of the black death, rats do carry risks of other diseases. These include:

• Weil’s disease
  • Salmonella
  • Tuberculosis
  • Cryptosporidiosis
  • E.Coli
  • Foot and mouth disease

A bit like all animals then.