PHEASENTS AND AIRIFLES

Guest mel b2

HI GUYS HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING. I NEED TO ASK WHAT MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION.I GAINED A NEW SHOOT YESTERDAY A GORGEOUS 300 ACRE SITE WITH QUITE A LARGE PEST PROBLEM.THE QUESTION IS CAN I SHOOT PHEASENTS WITH AN AIRIFLE IS IT LEGAL AND IS IT ETHICAL AND WOULD I NEED A GAME LICENCE THE PROBLEM IS PHEASENTS GIVING THE MAIZE STORE A BIT OF A HAMMERING AND I DONT WANT TO USE THE SHOTGUN AROUND THE FARM BUILDINGS THANKS IN ANTICIPATION GUYS AND SORRY IF ITS A STUPID QUESTION WITH AN OBVIOUS ANSWER :lol:

2 things.

No1

You most certainly do need a game licence to shoot pheasants with an airgun the wording on the game licence gives the holder permission" to take game" when that game is in season. That means by any method. That is legal.

No2

The ethics of shooting pheasants with an airgun.I think that william is right they are a tough bird,but if you can stalk one to within 25yds, and take it by a head shot i would say, that bird was fair won. But ethics is a personal matter so really its up to you.

Guest charlie

yes mate. head shots only and be sensible about range 20-25 meters. oh and you had better purchase a game licence. no shooting on sundays ( they are catholics you know)

charlie

thanks for the replies guys the answers were pretty much what i expected but its always reassuring to gain the good advice of persons more knowlegable than myself . i could have asked the farmer but then he would know that im a complete plank :lol: cheers guys