Last night's boxing

Gordon R

Anyone watch the boxing on Channel 5 last night.

There is something missing between James Degales ears. Reasonable performance, but kept landing low blows and seeming astonished that anyone thought they were low. Kept getting trapped on the ropes. In the interview after the fight, he rambled on before it was pointed out he hadn't been asked that question. Then he prattled on that he hadn't been caught on the ropes - unlike previous fights - when he had clearly not changed one bit.

Chris Eubank Junior - looked good with a last round stoppage.

Hughie Fury - Tyson's cousin - looked to have a decent range of punches, against someone who had been drafted in from a Retirement Home.

Tyson Fury was the real shock - his pre and post-fight comments - reasonably articulate, not too cocky and talked some sense. I think someone has had a word in his ear and told him to clean up his act. He looked and sounded better for it.

Edited by Gordon R

Anyone watch the boxing on Channel 5 last night.

There is something missing between James Degales ears. Reasonable performance, but kept landing low blows and seeming astonished that anyone thought they were low. Kept getting trapped on the ropes. In the interview after the fight, he rambled on before it was pointed out he hadn't been asked that question. Then he prattled on that he hadn't been caught on the ropes - unlike previous fights - when he had clearly not changed one bit.

Chris Eubank Junior - looked good with a last round stoppage.

Hughie Fury - Tyson's cousin - looked to have a decent range of punches, against someone who had been drafted in from a Retirement Home.

Tyson Fury was the real shock - his pre and post-fight comments - reasonably articulate, not too cocky and talked some sense. I think someone has had a word in his ear and told him to clean up his act. He looked and sounded better for it.

I agree with all of the above except the paragraph about Fury. He may have been reasonably articulate but KO Haye & both the Klitschkos before vacating a belt for his little cousin? The man's a raving lunatic! :lol:

Plus I'd like to see De Gale fight Froch but it won't happen because he brings nothing to the fight except lip. 👊

How old and tubby was that boy, i could have put him down. Hughie fury looks good tho, good to watch him in his next few fights as will have to fight decent boxers soon to get a world title shot.

I like eubank jnrs class but his arrogance is honking. I like de-gale and agree thatfroch is over rated. Could he beat froch......doubt it.