DIY door mounted rest

Davyo

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT MY IDEA, its BSA AIRGUNNERS

Been thinking abiut thses for some time,BSA airgunner has posted pics in sporting pictures.What a cracking adea this guy has.I was so impressed i nipped out and bought all the kit ,total cost £16.00 as already had the pipe lagging.ALL CREDIT TO BSA AIRGUNNER. thanks mate you are a genius

Edited by Davyo

Get them on flea bay:

Glass suction lifters

Personnaly I found unless the door was scrupulously clean (never going to happen on my truck!) that the seal would sometimes give s I used a safety belt (cheapo luggage strap) around the frame then around the door.

I remved the rubber suction pads from mine and replaced them with heavy duty magnets (flea bay again) and these work a treat

sucktion pads from screq fix £6.99, but totaly agree with Sandgrounder door needs to be clean these do stick well but i even had a prob with then sticking on the door decals.A magnet would be the best option or additional pipe that hooks over the door as extra support.Field tested mine on Monday & it worked at treat never lost it once but managed to part my exhaust so it was put through a rough test lol

Edited by Davyo

I made up something like that around a year ago, they look great sitting on the drive, but found once out shooting and the weight of the rifle rested on it, one or the other sucker would constantly pop off, nearly lost the rifle a couple of times, as my then vitara was painted camo, I resorted to bolting the suckers on in the required position with a removable top/rest part, worked alot better

Edited by stubby