John Shooter ShotGun Slip

OvEr_KiLL

Ok guys, i received my shotgun slip today (they are all 51inch long so take 32inch no bother), this one http://www.johnshooter.com/brown-leather-shotgun-slip-lamb-wool-lined-side-zip-p-406.html i went for just the zip as i couldnt be bothered undoing and doing up the buckles everytime i take the gun in and out, same as this http://www.johnshooter.com/brown-leather-shotgun-slip-lamb-wool-lined-p-277.html

the slip is actually slighter darker than the picture makes it look, it looks quite nice, it is real genuine leather as it stinks! its not as heavy as you would think either. the stiching and the leather strap + buckles looks nice, no loose threads hanging off or anything, the inside fleece is nice and seems genuine wool to me (as advertised), the end of the slip is hard leather to protect the muzzle. on the brown leather bit that goes around the middle of the slip it says John Shooter TM but its not very visible, you have to look for it to see it (if you know what i mean).

overall, very happy with it and my 32inch beretta 682 gold e x fits nice with ease even with the high rib!

you can either buy the slips or cartridge bags from the website or on ebay slightly cheaper, just search for John Shooter and read the listing descriptions!

does anyone else have any bags or slips and would like to comment on the quality?

Would love one of their slips as they appear superb in both looks and quality but can't stomach the price.

get your *** on ebay then and make a best offer on the ''buy out or best offer'' ones! have a search on ebay mate, they are very nice slips

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

quality where the zip is seems fine, i bought one that was started at 0.99p and i won it for £79.60 inc. postage will get some pictures now :)

edit. the pictures dont do it justice and make it look green so no point in getting them up.

the slips looks like this color in the first picture at the top

http://www.johnshooter.com/brown-leather-shotgun-slip-lamb-wool-lined-p-277.html

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

Don't forget to feed the leather now and again to make it soft , some leather shoe cream should do the trick :)

cheers mate, i have already sprayed it with leather water proof stuff :P

edit. forgot to mention the leather is quite soft, it seems to me kind of like suede ?

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a canvas game bag for a few months now. It came with a very neat removable washable liner as well as an mesh section on the front. I've been impressed with the quality so much I bought a second leather game bag as a present, again the quality is excellent.

I managed to to get the £150 slip on a lucky bid on eBay for £66, they are just down the road from me, so collected mine, they design them, but they are made in Germany. Seem of good quality for the money but don't pay full price.

no way! i thought they were made in the UK where you picked yours up from