Last nights work

lesf

Good man. :)

What kind of scope is that :good: ? Looks interesting? :lol:

Frank.

Scope Leupold VX111 4.5-14 x 50 LR

with a Starlight Archer night sight clamped on the end,

Clulite Shootalite with I/R filter

Rifle Sako 75 S/S .243 with home loads 58grn Vmax 40.2grn Varget.

Clear as a bell at 200 mtrs.

ATB lesf

• 3 weeks later...
Well done..Two nice lookin foxes too :good::lol: What caller you using??

Sorry for being so long replying, lightning took out my moden just after I posted last time.

I either use the front or back of my hand and I sometimes use one of those 10p pieces with a hole in.

On this particular night I just sat and waited. I was after wildboar ( they had been doing damage in grass fields - like mini JCBs)

Well done..Two nice lookin foxes too :no: :( What caller you using??

Well done..Two nice lookin foxes too :o ;) What caller you using??

Good man. :drinks:

What kind of scope is that :good: ? Looks interesting? :drinks:

Frank.

ATB lesf

If you don't mind me asking are the Starlight attachments any good? i'm after 1 so would apper any info you can give me before i part with £1600 :lol: Why would you want the culite when u got a nv? i would carry that seperate off the rifle making it less heavy and clumbersome?

Nice shooting by the way ??? if you want to pm on the ARCHER that would be great

Bry

Good man. :yes:

What kind of scope is that :yes: ? Looks interesting? :lol:

Frank.

ATB lesf

If you don't mind me asking are the Starlight attachments any good? i'm after 1 so would apper any info you can give me before i part with £1600 ??? Why would you want the culite when u got a nv? i would carry that seperate off the rifle making it less heavy and clumbersome?

Nice shooting by the way ??? if you want to pm on the ARCHER that would be great

Bry

In my opinion they are very good. Having said that, you have also got to have the right scope! A mate of mine bought one from starlight with a 40mm objective lense, I wasn't very impressed. I borrowed it (the Archer) and played with it on other scopes and lights.

The supplied I/R lamp supplied is ok to 100mtrs runs out of umph! after that. I tried the Shootalit with an I/R filter and wow 200mtrs no probs. So the moral of the storey is Archers are good but you must use a powerful I/R beam as tight as poss and the correct scope ( with paralax adjustment). I think a 56mm scope would be the dogs blx. Northallerton shooting & country wear is the place to buy the Archer, good for adeal.

They will also engineer rails and mounts to move the whole lump forward 8" to enable you to shoot properly.

Any give them a bell, ask for Mick tell him LesF from Devon told you.( blimey gone on a bit here) If you cant find their number in the shooting press they have a web site http://www.nsac.co.uk/index.htm.

atb LesF

Hi this is my local gunshop Mick , Tony and Ian are OK its Malcolm the owner he is a tight ****** surprised you got a discount from him.

He will not even knock the odd coppers off even when you are spending a few hundred quid.

They have this set up on 2 different guns in the shop but you are not allowed to touch them, they are just sat on the counter top with BIG notices do not touch.