The new mismate jab...

bigbird

Long story short, hubby's dog caught my bitch when I wasn't in 'I only turned my back for a second' ggrrrrrrrrr

As advised by the vet, she had the jab at 7 and 9 days afterwards.

BUT her mammary glands are filling up after 4 weeks after the deed and I'm panicking :no: :no: :sad1:

I'm going to take her next week to be scanned but I just don't know what to do if she IS in pup?

I've heard horror stories about the older style jabs about deformed pups, huge pups etc but I did ask the vet when she had her jab and she said in the unlikely event (only 5% chance) she was in pup they shouldn't be affected.

I'm reluctant to spay as she is an amazing dog and I was going to put her to something like Babbler or Spirit when she'd proved herself and I had a waiting list!

Obviously if it does come to spaying my dog is far more important to me than having pups now or in the future.

Experiences anybody please?

Pups would be Sprockers.

Edited by bigbird

So you thought you'd ask the Internet rather than take the vets advice? That is a recipe for more heartache and worrying as you'll get lots of my mate and my friends dog died afterwards.

The simple thing is go with the vets advice, were they born with issues be strong and have them pts its the better option if you want to breed from the dog again. Is the mating a bad one from the relationship of sure and dam or is it ok from that respect?

It was more experiences I was after al4x, of course I'm going to go with what the vet said - I'm just the world's worst worrier lol

The mating is absolutely fine from an inbreeding point of view, no problems there.

What the vet actually said was 'well it doesn't say anything on the leaflet about it harming the pups if she is so they should be okay'

Edited by bigbird