RAPALA

bill425g6

Harris Sportsmail will know, even if they can't help you directly

Thanks Ill see how I get on

I think Shimano now own Rapala, so could be worth giving Felindre Services (Shimano's UK service centre) a call.

Ill try it but cant seem to get them anywhere,any joy Ill post it

Bill, I am a professional ghillie, and I have tried to get them with no luck. I contacted the British dealers and even rapala In Finland with no luck. If they sold the blades separate they would lose cash, they would rather sell you a new lure! I have a box with about a 100 raps with no blades and a wee bit frustrated :oops: . Id say you have,nt got a snowballs chance in hell getting them. (please prove me wrong)

Bill, I am a professional ghillie, and I have tried to get them with no luck. I contacted the British dealers and even rapala In Finland with no luck. If they sold the blades separate they would lose cash, they would rather sell you a new lure! I have a box with about a 100 raps with no blades and a wee bit frustrated :oops: . Id say you have,nt got a snowballs chance in hell getting them. (please prove me wrong)

Fishing is my main hobby and over the past few years Ive gathered about 80 Raps that have lost the front end. I also believe I wont be able to get them from any of the companys that make them,but all is not lost. Last year I made quite a few by hand using a blade as the mould. I indented the front with a countersink these worked very well but time consuming to make. The plastic wasnt that good as it still broke hitting rocks. I have different plastic now that doesnt break so we will see. I also looked at modelling clay to make a mould and then make a resin to pour in but Ive been told that the resin will shatter so havnt took it any further. If anybody out there knows of a resin that wont shatter I have proffesional moulds and it wouldnt be a problem making the blade. If that doesnt work Ill start making them of alloy or aluminum and paint it or leave it the fish wont notice anyway. Billy if you are into smoking salmon and game I wrote an interesting post in Food and Drink,smoked greylag check it out