Wanted. First Shotgun.

tabs

Cert is being delivered by FLO this week ;) (very kind of him).

Looking for first gun, pref' decent all rounder, will be shooting clays mostly but want something I can use in the field also. Budget is up to £600, Im willing to travel for a bargain.

Also anyone selling deaks etc pls let me know.

Tabs

Looking for first gun, pref' decent all rounder, will be shooting clays mostly but want something I can use in the field also. Budget is up to £600, Im willing to travel for a bargain.

Tabs

could do alot worse than this a steal :lol:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...c=25664&hl=

Tabs

could do alot worse than this a steal :lol:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...c=25664&hl=

Was looking at that, Bristol is a long way for a busy boy, thought it had an offer anyhoo. Alos should have mentioned, Ive been advised to get a Multi Choke

Hiya Tabs

I have a 12b side by side you might be interested in. Its an Ugartechea, 28 inch barrels, in good nick. It would make a good starter gun, but I will admit that it is choked a bit tight (3/4 3/4) (not a multi). Its yours for £85.

I notice you are in Bedfordshire, I am just over the border in Northants so if you would like to try it out I would be happy to meet up at Sporting Targets if that would be convenient.

Give me a shout either here or on PM if you're at all interested.

Regards

Zapp

What you want it for the 686 i have advertised would be ideal, chap hasnt got back to me yet so still up for sale, could even meet half way if its what you wanted. If multi choke is what your set at then no worries, but the choking in this is more then ideal.

Regards

Gibby

The link above is for my Franchi. I think this would be an ideal allrounder. It was my mates and he shot skeet for Scotland with it - I used it for game. Its a 28" multi-choke with really lovely wood.

The Beretta special that is advertised is also a really nice gun.

Cheers jamie

Go for gibby's Beretta 686, its just about the best gun you'll get for less than £800, and don't worry about multi-chokes, they are just there to confuse you and persuade you to fiddle and swap in between stands ( I see loads doing this and it doesn't make them shoot better than me with fixed chokes).

For sporting clays ideal chokes would be 1/4 and 1/2, and if you geta multichoke, fit these in and leave em in.

At £550 its an absolute bargain, providing there are no dings or pitting to metal work. The small marks to the woodwork are insignificant and will probably come out easy enough if you wanted to bother.

anyone else agree??

bindi

Go for the 686 its a fantastic gun and steal at that price. I'd have had it if I had the spare cash.

The choke is not a problem. You'd change it as a novelty when its new and then after you found that 1/4 1/4 or 1/4 1/2 is ideal you'd never change it again.

Cheers

To be honest (and I'd love you to take my gun), the comments about multi-chokes are what I have found as well mate.

I've never changed the chokes and have never felt it has hindered my shooting.

When I was looking for my gun - I wanted a Beretta 686, but couldn't find one less than £800.00 second hand. I bought the Franchi because it felt right and was very good quality.

Don't be put off buying a gun without multi - chokes. Berettas will always resale quickly & you could always change it later mate.

Cheers jamie

Thanks for the replies and advice gents, all very helpful.

Im torn between the two Berettas at the mo. Head says the 686 but that Teknys is rather damn attractive. Semi Auto or OU? Im sure thats been discussed before. Anyone got any thoughts?

Tabs

This really sucks, skyved in between appointments today,and shouldered a few guns, ncluding both berettas, the 686 i tried had a low comb, just didnt fit, Giby, thanks for the input, sure it wll sell at tat price but dont think it will fit.

Also tried a Teknys........Hmmmmmm nice.

However nice (yeh right) RFD says "try this, think it will fit well.." shouldered a gun that fitted perfect. Until iturnd it over and saw it was a Lanber :thanks: . serious food for thought... Mad Dog, pls email me pics etc.

Tabs eats his words.

I am in the same position, just got my sg licence and want a gun!!

I have been shooting with a fairly new browning 525 on the few outings i have had with a mate, its his wifes but she hasnt had it sized for her yet so wont shoot it. I found though that most other guns i picked up felt better to me, so i have been looking around. As money is the most important factor to me i have been limited to what i can get, but have settled on the Lanber sporting delux, new for £595. Even managed to find someone last week at the ground that had one to try! Hopefully my local dealer will be getting them in on tuesday so i can spank the credit card on wednesday!

Lee