Upgrading From A Baikal

JONO

Dear all,

I've "owned" a Baikal SS O/U since I was 14 (some 15 years ago now) and am in the process of obtaining my own permit and reclaiming it from the family home.

In the event that the gun no longer fits me what would be the next "step" up from the Baikal series? (I ought to mention that I haven't a clue what was paid for the gun then, what it's sell-on value will be now and what I should be looking to pay).

Any kind ideas/thoughts welcome.

JONO

Why not consider keeping it ?

You suggest that you will need to sell the Bailkal, to use the money to buy another gun.

Secondhand Bailkals are usually sold very cheap.

Its possible you may have to put a significant amount of cash toward the purchase of an "upgrade".

As has been said before, look at a good secondhand Beretta, Miroku, Browning, or similar.

Otherwise keep it.

I don,t think there is anything wrong with a Bailkal, when compared with other guns, under £500 new.

Jono.

My advice would be to keep the Baikal and use it as a second gun, as Cranfield says they dont have a great secondhand value and it may be worth more to you to keep it .

I have a s/s and it comes in handy if your clambering through thorn bushes and the like, at least you dont have to worry to much about scratches etc.

As the lads have said , Miroku, berretta, browning, zabala are all worth a look,

Lanber is another gun that may be worth considering.

Whatever you end up with good hunting.

regards sutty :yp:

depending on condition and spec the gun would probably be worth tops £150 ish,like Cranfield says it may be worth keeping it (i still havemy baikel and use it for knock around shooting were it doesnt matter if it gets scratched or dinked)and then i use my beretta for all other pest control etc :yp: