Rockland Wildfowlers Bi-Annual Auction 2013

Varminator

:) Rockland Wildfowlers Association Bi-Annual auction starts on the 9th September, so it would be great if you could spread the word please, as it is important people know about the auction so they can bid as well as donate lots.

And talking about lots I am on the beg again as we need one hell of a successful auction this time around after investing heavily in land adjacent to Rockland Broad both on the West and South shores. The parcels of land cost £217,000 and to hang on to all of the land we need a massively successful auction and I am not to proud to ask for donations if you don't want to bid or donate lots. More importantly we picked up land that the RSPB were desperate for and only succeeded because our President sold them to us without going to auction. Some of the land would have given them access to 2 marshes they took from us 20 years ago so this was a real win.

The lots are usually literally anything, from wildfowling to pheasant shooting to pigeon decoying to fishing to guns to walking sticks to entertainment (we offered a hypnotist show once!!!)

We are not a closed club and literally anyone can join, from anywhere and as long as you are a BASC member you can shoot the Broad, 2 flights for two people for only £35 for those flights between you. You can literally shoot anyone of the 9 species of duck and all 4 species of goose have been taken over the years. So this purchase has been done by a few dedicated people for the benefit of everyone including future generations.

Many of you have supported us really strongly in the past and we need you more than ever now. Retaining all of this land would be a real coup and really help justify all the work the committee have put in. With all of your help I am sure it is feasible.

Kind regards

Rich.

Please help.

I'll get the ball rolling fella, give me payment details and i'll stick £20 in it.

Come on guys this is to protect the sport of wildfowling, you may not gain personally from this auction but its a chance to show that you are willing to help make a difference when called up on to do so :good:

Thanks Chaps, that is really generous of you both. I think generally a huge proportion of shooters are really nice, generous people.

What I will say is that for anyone who does purchase a BASC boat and wants a guide I will make sure that you have one so your experience is helped all the way (obviously this is more difficult if two people take a boat!).

I cannot emphasise how much we appreciate your help. And thanks for all of the PMs with offers.

Rich

Some PW members have PM'd me for sort code and account number as they would like to make anonymous donations, which is really kind, so here they are.

77-66-13, 09084360. If you make it anonymous please reference PW so I can let PM members know how much they donated at the end.

Many thanks.

Rich

BTW thanks for the kind comments Steve0146. We always try hard to make people fellow fowlers feel welcome.

As someone who's been fortunate enough to shoot Rockland Broad (and looking forward to going again one day) I would urge as many of you as possible to support this auction whichever way you can. A wonderful set-up managed by a wonderful club in a wonderful part of the world which is there for ALL of us to enjoy :good: If that's not worth preserving, what is?

A donation to the cause will be on it's way shortly.

I will also pm you with regards to taking a boat on Rockland.

Some PW members have PM'd me for sort code and account number as they would like to make anonymous donations, which is really kind, so here they are.

77-66-13, 09084360. If you make it anonymous please reference PW so I can let PM members know how much they donated at the end.

Many thanks.

Rich

BTW thanks for the kind comments Steve0146. We always try hard to make people fellow fowlers feel welcome.

The auction is online and up and running

There has been some tremendous generosity by the shooting fraternity, with some great opportunities to shoot places you may have dreamed of. Well worth a look.

http://www.wildfowling.net/auction/pages/auction-1.html

Please support this good cause if you can.

Many thanks.

Rich

There's been a few more lots added :good:

http://www.wildfowling.net/auction/pages/auction-1.html

Just hope I haven't shot myself in the foot by advertising this, so I won't add by stating the one's I have bid on.

Well the auction is due to end tonight at 9pm. so for those of you that have donated lots, once again many thanks and to those of you that are bidding, good luck. Looks like there area huge amount of lots going cheap still.