Defender 90 for sale £3k

WelshLamb

Regrettably for sale is my 1985 ex army 90. There has been no expense spared on this vehicle and she is a ready to go off road animal. Selling her only because she just isnt getting used.

shes a 3.5L Santana V8 with LT85 Santana "indestructible" gearbox, and 1.22 ratio discovery transfer box for slightly higher gearing in Hi-range.

12 months MOT, 6 months tax.

Some of the extras on it include:

Heavy duty "C" reg army chassis

army style indicators and sidelights.

Battery islolator

Winch electrics isolator

fuel cut off switch

265/75/16 insa turbo special track tyres on silver modular rims

terrafirma tubular winch bumper

brand new never used 12,000lb champion winch and wander lead

upgraded HID headlamps

headlamp protectors

headless teddy mascot (!)

black chequer plating on bonnet and wings

RAGE bucket seats

6x9" speakers and a good sony stereo (The subwoofer in the photos is NOT included in the sale)

CB radio

tubular rock and tree sliders

nato hitch

britpart +2" shock absorbers

terrafirma +2" lift springs

terrafirma tubular shock turrets

terrafirma hook type dislocation cones

heavy duty double cranked reinforced trailing arms

rear bumperettes

side exit exhaust

I have receipts for when the gearbox was given a check over by a time served land rover technician in 2011 (lay shaft bearing replaced), reciepts for when the clutch was replaced in 2012, and for the radiator re-core in 2011.

There is no rust on the chassis/underneath, only a very tiny spot on the bulkhead by the drivers door but this is only surface rust and welcome to any inspection.

I will also throw in all the spares Ive kept here for this vehicle: 2x replacement heads, transfer box, 2x 10 spline diffs, water pump, oil pump and god only knows what else.

Bad bits:

Windscreen is cracked on the passenger side - does not affect drivers vision whatsoever

she uses a bit of water (as alot of V8s do)

Steering box leaks fluid but a replacement is included in the sale - I just havent had time to fit it

I have spent thousands on this vehicle, I will not let it go for peanuts so please do not ask. You are getting ALOT of landrover for your money!

£3000 or straight swap for a tidy Honda 600RR

Edited by WelshLamb

I've had company cars for the past 15 plus years and always had something else besides.

These have ranged from off readers to sporty things - all of which are expensive to insure and run.

About 5 years ago I thought enough was enough and like yourself was not using my second vehicle enough to justify the outlay.

Real shame and someone will get a very tasty sounding land rover.

Hope the sale goes well for you.

ATB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...