Close - lucky I trust my instincts

Mentalmac

Was walking into the local town the other night with the misses, a scruffy man stopped us and asked me if I could spare some money so he could get a train to see his sick daughter.

Said he wasn't a robber (wonder why he needed to say that?!?) etc...

I told him I didn't have much money, but could spare him a pound. So I didn't get wallet out and just found a pound in pocket and have it to him. The cheeky so and so said to me "if you have any notes, I have change"!

Then, keeping braced and careful we turned and left but keepin a good notice of my surroundings.

Misses said to me I shouldn't give him anything but I said back "that guy was definitely a robber and it was give him a pound or get stabbed" and that was that.

Local rag - local young lady held by throat and robbed at bus stop. Slammed against wall etc... Description and his story (which she recounted for the paper) were exactly the same as him - same guy!

Sounds lucky pal, did they get him and have you provided any information to the local plod.

Been unlucky enough to have a knife pulled twice on me in my life. Once in leicester and once in Lowestoft. Both times scared the **** out of me I don't mind telling you.

Karpman

sorry about that i was scint and fancied a maccy d

In hind sight (which is a lovely thing) maybe you should have informed the Police straight away -

You may have saved the girl from her ordeal?

Yea, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Contacted police and have given my details in case they want to discuss further with me :-). Horrible bloke, hope one day he gets his just deserts