Steaming stock dents

Will Poon

I thought I would share this bit of DIY dent removal by steaming them out with an iron , as it's been asked before by a few pw members if it really works , so here's what happened I've been out shooting today and i noticed a few small marks on the grip area of my stock, I must have knocked it somehow on the zip of my gun slip I think :/

So when I got home I put a damp cloth on the area to be steamed out and the put a hot iron on it with a bit of pressure, whilst taking care not to let the cloth dry out too much, as it wasn't a deep dent it only took less than 30 secs to steam out.

As you can see by the picture the wood looks slightly lighter in colour from the steaming process and it also felt abit rough as well, so some very fine wire wool was used to get it back smooth as a baby's bum, then a bit of stock oil was rubbed in to bring back the colour and then some wax to top it off.

All of this took less than 10 mins, have a go yourself it's not that difficult :good:

A0A8EB03-D7BD-4F0E-9B39-D8C033B31970-227

15FCE2AC-6028-46C5-B216-54634ED48BE6-225

C121CD54-288B-4C60-816C-93057E44B10A-227

6ED760F7-E23A-49DA-A9FE-5BC59015A4AF-227

Hope the pictures are ok :)