Conformation

bullet1747

Just had it back from the building inspector ,I use to registered to do electrics in domestic properties ,but after taking a full time job I didn't need the registration any more so came out of the schemes ,to do the electrics in my ext I should be join again 700 quid roughly or get building control out at 450 quid ,any Way inspector took my old reg number and Certs and phoned today to tell me I can sign electrics of and save my money top bloke

Edited by bullet1747

Good stuff! my local authority wont let you do a thing, wanted 180 to inspect each one of my jobs, and i was far more qualified and experienced than the noddies they send out to inspect the work. even then they would only look the final test certificate and have a glance round at first fix, needless to say i registered my self and never gave them a penny!

Good stuff! my local authority wont let you do a thing, wanted 180 to inspect each one of my jobs, and i was far more qualified and experienced than the noddies they send out to inspect the work. even then they would only look the final test certificate and have a glance round at first fix, needless to say i registered my self and never gave them a penny!

Was in the same boat my self that's why I registered ,just glad the inspector is a understanding guy,I had notified just over 400 jobs that's one of the reasons that went in my favour with him

When they brought part p out it seemed to put a blanket ban on people doing their own work, I'm a industrial tech so have never done part p, rang the orifices and they said no problem

A lot of people get Part p confused it's not a exam it's an organisation , it took a few years for the public to realise sparks had to be on a register to work and sign installs of,ten percent of the public are still oblivious to this

I am not sure I understand what all this is about.

To work in a domestic property you have to in a organisation like Elecsa ,niceic , like having gas work done the installer has to be gas safe

Certified to install? Since when?

About ten years at a guess

Nope, you are right. If you install into your own home then you don't need any qualifications, but, if it's part of an extension for example, then the electrics will need to be certified, you can't do that as a layman.

If you are being paid for it and not qualified, you will be working illegally.

Edited by -Mongrel-