West Bromwich weekday clay shoots

CZ550Kevlar

First of all West Bromwich isn't 'Up North'. Above Watford and Watford Gap yes, but still in the Midlands. Wednesdays afternoons at Oakedge ( Shugborough Stafford)

Thursdays afternoons Park Farm Ombersley. Millride is open most days which is not far from West Bromwich Ettingshall near Wolverhampton, J1 of the M54 about 20 minutes from J1 of the M5.

I don't suppose Millride has a section 11 exemption? 3 of us going have licences but a colleague of ours wants to come but he has no licence.

The only other choice is Oakedge, so if anyone has local knowledge of section 11 exemptions that would be very kind of you.

Sure they have one, no one will both you there, little ruff round the edges

Edited by slimshooter

The country park was well known for nocturnal activities, don't go for walk in the dark unless prepared for a big surprise!

Looks like you are staying in Great Bridge!!!!!!

That will be an eye opener! Can I recommend a trip to Mad O'Rourkes pies in Tipton for some food. http://www.madorourkes.com/

Edited by HDAV

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to millride today and they have said as the non licence holder is under my direct supervision it will be fine, although being the idiot I am I forgot to ask how much they charge and if they have a restriction on cartridges ie plastic or felt.

Although this is going to be a first for me, I have never taught a person who has never fired anything bigger than a BB gun how to shoot clays.

It can't be that hard, it's not like I'm coaching for the Olympic squad.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to this ground on Thursday morning and I have to admit it was actually really good, guy on site I assume is the owner was really genuine, gave us the tour and said just crack on and shoot what you want then find him and pay, only one other guy there and he left pretty much as we started £24 for 100 clays is a bargain, has skeet too.

Also go to the next junction up the M54 clay ground is at 1 go to junction 2 and visit the Moreton arms pub, great food.