First FAC Application

bisondan

Hello

I'm seriously thinking of applying for an FAC for use on my new permission where I've got the sole rights for pest control, the main problem is rabbits and lots of them.

Just looking around I'm thinking that either a .22lr or .17hmr will be most suitable, can anyone offer advice?

I already have a shotgun certificate and have a cabinet installed (British Standard), but was wondering if they will make me change this?

I have no idea on how to gauge how much ammunition I can own and buy at any one time?

Is it tough to get land cleared?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Should be able to gauge whether land would be likely to be given clearance for those calbres, only FEO would decide (if it has not already been cleared) .

Cabinet may be ok but ensure hinges are internal and not external.

Only you would know your likely useage but ask to hold 600 and buy 500 for each calibre is a decent starting point.

(Sometimes it is cheaper to buy in lots of 500)

FEO's will ask of your intended useage. You may intend to use at a shooting range as well, for instance and that would necessitate holding more.

Which calibre depends on nature of permission but I would apply for both .22LR & 17 hmr stating need for both short and long range shooting,ie up to 60 yards and over that for hmr.

You do not need to buy both guns initially, but start with the .22LR would be my suggestion.

Edited by Good shot?

As has been said, ask for all you want and leave it to them to say no.

If you ask for .22lr now and then .17hmr later then it means more work for them so they would rather do it all at once.

My force allows 1 for day 1 for night as a reason so I'd say go for both and +1 for .22lr first. .22lr is much quieter too if noise is an issue.

Just go for it.

Best of luck :good:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FEO dropped my FAC off this morning, got slots for .22, .17hmr and moderators.

I can buy up to 500 rounds of each at a time and own 750.

This took 4 weeks with Hampshire, my hats off to them for dealing with my application quickly and efficiently.

That was quick, now get shopping :good: