Trespass with Foraging

Doc Holliday

The trouble with ancient laws is just that: they're ancient, from a time when the total population numbered a few hundred thousand and most of the landscape was wilderness. Now we're 70 million and rising more rapidly than at any time in history, there is no wilderness anywhere, not a single square inch and all land is owned by someone. Applying ancient feudal laws to modern society because they have a romantic ring about them or allowing a free-for-all is a recipe for strife, and for landscape destruction. The cynical electoral opportunism of successive governments, including the present one, in trying to nationalise farmland and turn it into a public recreation facility will lead to the ruination of both landscape, its wildlife and serious food production. We'll end up within my lifetime living in an island city state completely reliant on insects.

I corrected your post Gimlet. No worries :lol:

Who posted about being able to afford a tv? That's ridiculous, of course people wouldn't be able to take yours.

How is it fair that someone who has an extensive source of wealth borne through the exploitation of our need for oil, be allowed to buy up land steeped in British heritage and closed for a true born Brit never to see again? I hope this doesn't come across as racist, it's a problem with the individual that I have, be he black, white or Umpa Lumpa blue. It's not the fault of the race.

It would also make interesting reading to hear about just how involved a Prince of Saudi is in the rearing of sheep. Not exactly the most profitable creature and certainly leagues away from his precious chuffing horses.

Edited by deaquire

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble with ancient laws is just that: they're ancient, from a time when the total population numbered a few hundred thousand and most of the landscape was wilderness. Now we're 70 million and rising more rapidly than at any time in history, there is no wilderness anywhere, not a single square inch and all land is owned by someone. Applying ancient feudal laws to modern society because they have a romantic ring about them or allowing a free-for-all is a recipe for strife, and for landscape destruction. The cynical electoral opportunism of successive governments, including the present one, in trying to nationalise farmland and turn it into a public recreation facility will lead to the ruination of both landscape, its wildlife and serious food production. We'll end up within my lifetime living in an island city state completely reliant on imported food.

Well put, you only have to look at any public land in or near a city or any national parks to see the junk dumped there by our wonderful public.

I corrected your post Gimlet. No worries :lol:

Who posted about being able to afford a tv? That's ridiculous, of course people wouldn't be able to take yours.

How is it fair that someone who has an extensive source of wealth borne through the exploitation of our need for oil, be allowed to buy up land steeped in British heritage and closed for a true born Brit never to see again? I hope this doesn't come across as racist, it's a problem with the individual that I have, be he black, white or Umpa Lumpa blue. It's not the fault of the race.

It would also make interesting reading to hear about just how involved a Prince of Saudi is in the rearing of sheep. Not exactly the most profitable creature and certainly leagues away from his precious chuffing horses.

Supply and demand. Nature or God put a large pile of Oil under a country he runs/owns.

It's not fair someone earns loads more than me/has a bigger house/more land....??

He may pay his farm managers or tenant farmers to rear sheep.

What has being a true born Brit got to do with it?

It's not fair someone earns loads more than me/has a bigger house/more land....??

Chances are they worked harder at school, got better grades and found a higher paying job than you. Very fair IMO.

It's not fair that someone can be born into incalculable wealth at the other side of the world who can then move to a foreign country who most likely does not have the same traditions or values that we in England share, appreciate, love & cherish. That's what being a true born Brit has to do with it. Going for a walk in the country side in the warm summer rain. Sitting in front of the fire on a cold winters night with a blanket round your knees. There are so many incredibly British past times that people who are born from outside of the UK simply can't grasp. Call me old fashioned (and I'm only 25) but we need to hold on to these things that give our country an identity and hold us apart, a step above, from the rest of the world.

I don't really get why you're arguing it. Do you enjoy Country Estates who can trace their lineage back to royalty being bought up by foreigners who don't give a **** about the land so long as it's making them money? What's your problem with what I've written?

I'm not condoning trespassing, OP broke the law. I just think we should hold onto the traditional values, where they make sense.

Edited by deaquire

It's private you were on there, and then grumble when you get kicked off. Knowing full well you shouldn't be there and that you would get asked to leave.

Correctumondo, it's private land mate you had no right to be there and take something that doesn't belong to you,

Its people like you that make farmers/landowners not want to give permission out in the first place!!!!!!!!

​To be honest I cant believe you have posted this on our forum, we all struggled to get our perms ,

atb

flynny