Anti-social kid in restaurant

unapalomablanca

Parents fault, lack of chastising if it would have been mine , straight out apologize to anyone offended leave the meal pay up.

iPad.

iPod.

ps3.

phone.

( these things seem to be the only things kids care about )

The 4 above are just a few things what's up with today's kids

,they have no attention span because of the easy life's they live.

When I was told to behave and shut up I did else I got a clout, (or mothers brown belt). Ouch...

Problem is Esthers rantzens kicking your door in now if you're raise your voice.

And if you continue to act up, they blame it on aspergious or some other disorder, but when it boils down to it (the majority is) they just need parenting..

My kids have been brought upto say please thank you , they have excellent table manners and when out they behave,

Don't get me wrong it's hard to achieve this but it's called good old fashioned parenting...

Edited by delburt0

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parents fault, lack of chastising if it would have been mine , straight out apologize to anyone offended leave the meal pay up.

iPad.

iPod.

ps3.

phone.

( these things seem to be the only things kids care about )

The 4 above are just a few things what's up with today's kids

,they have no attention span because of the easy life's they live.

When I was told to behave and shut up I did else I got a clout, (or mothers brown belt). Ouch...

Problem is Esthers rantzens kicking your door in now if you're raise your voice.

And if you continue to act up, they blame it on aspergious or some other disorder, but when it boils down to it (the majority is) they just need parenting..

My kids have been brought upto say please thank you , they have excellent table manners and when out they behave,

Don't get me wrong it's hard to achieve this but it's called good old fashioned parenting...

Is she from Burnley?

One problem is when people just ignore the kids in their group so they can get on with grown-up conversation. Kids get bored - they need to be included if you take them out. If you don't want to do that, get a babysitter and leave them at home. We took sticker and colouring books or a reading book as back-up. They didn't get up from the table, learned to converse with adults and were a pleasure to be with. It is all about expectations.

Nick

The thing that I find a tad worrying is that some on this thread seem to condone bad behaviour in kids, or at least see it as something we all have to accept. That is a good part of why we have the problem IMHO. Teaching them how to behave isn't something to be palmed off on the school just because it takes a bit of effort and could be misinterpreted as trying to quell their freedom to express themselves. There is a time and a place for letting them go wild, take them to the park and let them run about and use up their excess energy but that requires time and effort. Even there they need to understand some rational boundaries but instiling all of that is part of proper parenting.

Take a look around in a restaurant and a heck of a lot of people are playing with their mobile phones, even while eating, so they have no attention time spare to deal with teaching their kids some table manners. I've seen young couples out for a meal together and neither saying a word while totally immersed in their phones. It is a scary addiction and seems to be getting worse.

Grumpy old man perhaps but it all starts to get a bit much when getting annoyed at the selfish attitude of others is seen as OTT.

The thing that I find a tad worrying is that some on this thread seem to condone bad behaviour in kids, or at least see it as something we all have to accept. That is a good part of why we have the problem IMHO. Teaching them how to behave isn't something to be palmed off on the school just because it takes a bit of effort and could be misinterpreted as trying to quell their freedom to express themselves. There is a time and a place for letting them go wild, take them to the park and let them run about and use up their excess energy but that requires time and effort. Even there they need to understand some rational boundaries but instiling all of that is part of proper parenting.

Take a look around in a restaurant and a heck of a lot of people are playing with their mobile phones, even while eating, so they have no attention time spare to deal with teaching their kids some table manners. I've seen young couples out for a meal together and neither saying a word while totally immersed in their phones. It is a scary addiction and seems to be getting worse.

Grumpy old man perhaps but it all starts to get a bit much when getting annoyed at the selfish attitude of others is seen as OTT.

I agree about the out for dinner thing.

I was in a restaurant last week, family type place nothing posh, as I was away with work. As I was alone between courses I read a book and I chatted (via text) to friends on my phone - I kept chatting (via text) as I ate.

I felt bad mannered as I consider this rude normally, but who was I being rude to!?!

For context - in a 30yr old who is fairly phone addicted with a 2 yr old kid that I would allow to play up in a restaurant. If she was being naughty, we wouldn't be there to start with or we'd pay up and leave. Generally I can read behaviour and know if she's got excess energy and can't sit still for an hour - then it's park before dinner!?!

Edited by JustJon

This topic has nothing to do with ageism, I still get angry when i'm confronted with someone else objectionable brat, just like I used to get angry about them 50 years ago.I was in a very upmarket establishment last month having a very nice meal when a brat rested it's grubby head on the table next to my plate and proceeded to kick the chair legs and my legs as well. Sitting next to the cretins table was a very nice family with 2 polite kids who were both watching the antics of the said bratt.On leaving the venue I went up to the family of four and said in a very loud voice that it was a pleasure to share the same space with their family unlike some in this place. The place went very silent with alot of clients nodding in agreement.The manager on our way out agreed with me and said he was going to black list them as it was a regular occurance. RESULT.. " Manners maketh man.". from Auntie. :innocent: