a chance encounter......

Zeus

On my way home from work yesterdayp I encountered 3 loose dairy cattle and 4 calfs leisurely strolling along a quiet country lane! I slowed right down as not to scare them but at every opportunity they had to enter a field opening or wider verge they just carried on plodding along......I was anticipating a nasty accident as the lane was single track with blind crests and corners and was inevitable that another car could be travelling at speed anytime soon.

Luckily for me I spotted and opening in a field ahead and managed to pull over and loosely "herd them in" much to the amusement of the lady in the car who had arrived infront!

Anyhow so I off I set on the remainder of my journey with a plan to stop at the first farm I pass to let someone know. Which I did and the farmer was most grateful. I had just got back into my car and ready to pull away when without even thinking or pre planning what to say I wound down the window and blurted out in a bumbled manner to the farmer that I was after my first permission!!

BINGO.... after a short chat it resulted In the guy giving me his card and saying phone when spring comes and he will let me have a go out over his maize crop!!

Just goes to show its worth taking a chance!

Zeus