FEO visit today

deputy dog

Well it's been 4 years since my last ever visit from any of my departments Firearms officers, but I had one today, for an over due check over. Never seen this officer before so didn't know what to expect from him, but in all fairness he was very polite and well spoken and very helpful.

He checked my tickets and saw that there was a fault on my SGC detailing my semi auto, they actually wrote it on as a single shot instead of self loading. I explained that I had been told by one of his colleagues when I originally questioned it, that it was all above board and not to worry. He seemed to think very different and said it needs to be rectified, so wanted to take it with him. Also asked him about FAC Air and explained why I wanted one, he said he couldn't see any problem with that , so I wrote a cheque out there and then and that was that. Quick hand shake and he was gone in no time, so I'm very happy all is well. Just hope my variation comes sooner then later.

DD

I didnt think they would take the old one? You should keep it until the new one is issued? A mate has just put in for SGC in gwent wondered what the timescales were likely to be.

He said he had to take it to have the proper details on there, a he asked was if i had enough shells to carry on with till its corrected and sent back.

Time scale with Gwent is any where from a week or two upto 6 months or more. My last variation took 6 months but i have heard of longer times occuring.

They used to be very good on turn around time from apllication to being proccessed and sent back, only a couple of weeks. But over the last 6yrs or so they have gone down hill slightly. But in all fairness most of the officers iv dealt with have been great, like the one yesterday.

Something to do with my SGC renewal what he said Steve. But he was about 10 months late in doing the neccessary checks after it was issued. The last time i saw them was 2009 when i put in for my FAC. I was under the impression that they come out an visit you at least once a year thats why i said it seemed a bit over due for a check over. I just thought they were being lazy gitts like lol.

No mate my SGC and FAC tickets were about 18 months apart. I had my SGC in Feb 2008 and my FAC in Sept 2009. Though concerning the checks i just thought they would do it about once a year. But since learnt they usually do it every 5 on renewal of a certificate. My FAC is up next September so will be expecting another visist then on the renewal of that.