Cape Verdi

ferretfiddler

I have visited 9 of the Cape Verde Isles including Sol and I would say none of the Islands are really ready for mass tourism. The hotels even the 4* ones are very substandard. Lots of exceedingly large cockroaches everywhere but all the islands are worth a visit ,they are all very different from each other. The roads up in the hills are all made of incredibly patterened flint and the public taxis are open topped pick up trucks. One of the Islands i think called Fogo has a still active volcano on it.The sea fishing is fantastic but I have to say it is very 3rd worldy still but good if you are abit adventurous. from Auntie.

I acted for a client who lost 200k euros buying a villa on a complex that never got built (and no he didn't get a villa).

Everything I saw indicated ex Portuguese colony that could have made it big as a tourist destination but it emerged as the international market hit the toilet in 07/08.

Lots of half built complexes and roads that go nowhere.

Let us know how you get on :lol:

I have visited 9 of the Cape Verde Isles including Sol and I would say none of the Islands are really ready for mass tourism. The hotels even the 4* ones are very substandard. Lots of exceedingly large cockroaches everywhere but all the islands are worth a visit ,they are all very different from each other. The roads up in the hills are all made of incredibly patterened flint and the public taxis are open topped pick up trucks. One of the Islands i think called Fogo has a still active volcano on it.The sea fishing is fantastic but I have to say it is very 3rd worldy still but good if you are abit adventurous. from Auntie.

Sounds perfect. Go quick before its ruined.