Gamebore buffalo SG

Where you say short range what is the killing range of SG and I will only use BB for fox from now on

I have only used these cartridges at no more than 20 yards. This is usually when I'm out after Crows/Pigeons, and a fox comes into view. I've called them in to around 15 yards, then shot them with the SG.

I tried to pattern them once, by using a large zinc sheet placed out 30 yards away. Using full choke, I was amazed at the large gaps between the holes in the sheet, and not all of the 9 lead balls hit the sheet.

Where you say short range what is the killing range of SG and I will only use BB for fox from now on

The killing range of the individual shot is impressive, but the pattern will be awful. They really are the worst choice because you miss the fox and send large, powerful shot into the distance. I bought some AAA a few years ago because they are legal for a landowner to use on deer trapped in fencing, but even the pattern on those was poor at distance.