Plucking a Canada goose... Advice please

Passionforangling

Many years ago on my first Christmas together with my then new wife I was tasked with providing Christmas dinner. A Solway Pink from my October trip was just right for two so went into the freezer fully feathered. I took the goose out on Christmas Eve morning and left it outside to defrost, come evening it was still as ice block. I recall hanging it up with some baler twine above the radiator in the spare bedroom overnight withe the heating on full. It was late Christmas Day morning before it had defrosted enough to pluck and draw it and late afternoon before we both sat down to our Christmas dinner together. It was delicious though !

Thanks for all the replies guys...interesting that none of you recommend/ use any mechanical device. The 2nd goose has gone in the freezer, feathers, beak and all.....it's due for a dinner party a week on Saturday so will come out on the Wednesday for a slow thaw followed by a 2 hr plucking ...maybe 2nd time I'll be a bit quicker...hey ho, I don't mind.....salivating at the thought of the taste!

How brave of you to be cooking your first goose for a dinner party. They can be as tough as old boots and they are not to everyones taste.

Many years ago on my first Christmas together with my then new wife I was tasked with providing Christmas dinner. A Solway Pink from my October trip was just right for two so went into the freezer fully feathered. I took the goose out on Christmas Eve morning and left it outside to defrost, come evening it was still as ice block. I recall hanging it up with some baler twine above the radiator in the spare bedroom overnight withe the heating on full. It was late Christmas Day morning before it had defrosted enough to pluck and draw it and late afternoon before we both sat down to our Christmas dinner together. It was delicious though !

You romantic thing you

Regards

H